Elizabeth Lauten, Cyberbully of the Obama girls, got a 36 on the ACT??

<p>I hate that kind of apology: it’s more “I’m sorry I got caught” not “I’m sorry, Sasha and Malia.”</p>

<p>Thinking that a 36 at Eastern Carolina University would have made her a real outlier there. She was a student between 2001 and 2007, when she got her degree in classics. And, because you can find anything on the internet, it turns out that the 75th percentile ACT score for students enrolling at ECU in 2001 was 22. <a href=“http://www.ecu.edu/cs-acad/ipar/research/upload/CDS2001-2002D.pdf”>http://www.ecu.edu/cs-acad/ipar/research/upload/CDS2001-2002D.pdf&lt;/a&gt; But 1 percent of students enrolled that year scored between 30 and 36 on the ACT so … maybe. </p>

<p>Her Linkin profile says she’s a Mensa member, too. And if you’re going to fib about an ACT score, why make it perfect? I would say I’m skeptical about that 36, but it’s not completely out of the realm of possibility. Someone is going to confirm that score by the end of business today, I’ll bet.</p>

<p>During the 2008 Presidential campaign, when it was revealed that Bristol Palin was pregnant at age 18, some reporter asked Obama to comment. I thought his answer was classy: He said that children of candidates should be off-limits. He also mentioned that his own mother was 18 when she was either pregnant with or had him.</p>

<p>Apparently the Obama girls don’t “know their place.” They should respectfully take the admonishment from superiors like Ms. Lauten with her high test scores (undoubtedly due to her superior genetics) and DAR membership.</p>

<p>I can’t wait till the giant tantrum over having a black family in the White House is over.</p>

<p>I just looked at Ms. Lauten’s LinkedIn profile. What I find more bizarre than her listing her ACT and SAT scores is her listing the courses she took as an undergrad: Latin I, Latin II, Latin III and Latin IV, as an example. She majored in Classics. IMHO, at this point, that’s all we need to know.</p>

<p>But, people’s LinkedIn profiles are funny. </p>

<p>The comments about Amy Carter and Chelsea Clinton were so far beyond the pale it’s hard for us now to even comprehend people saying such things about anyone’s children. The Bush girls were treated more appropriately, I think, because people came to realize how totally inappropriately the previous children were treated, particularly after that horrendous suicide of a governor’s son who was gossiped about in the newspaper. </p>

<p>Bristol Palin may be a more nuanced situation. She should have been treated better than she was when her mother ran for VP, but the line is a little more blurry when the politician makes the child the subject of conversation. When you hold your daughter and her baby up as evidence of an anti-abortion stance, the politician invites the conversation she herself started. However, the conversation needs to stay civil, which it didn’t. </p>

<p>As for recent issues, Bristol Palin is almost old enough to run for Congress, and she has been on TV in reality shows for several years now. I really doubt someone of that age who puts herself in the public eye is entitled to a cloak of privacy. </p>

<p>Well , It really isn’t about her privacy at this point…but I found it extremely disturbing that Costello celebrated her assault on CNN…she referred to it as :
“This is quite possibly the best minute and a half of audio we’ve ever come across. Well, come across in a long time anyway.”</p>

<p>After the backlash, she made the same kind of lame apology as did Lauten.
And the spotlight on Palin’s children wasn’t just about Bristol’s pregnancy…the crude comments about her son with Downs still come out from time to time.</p>

<p>My point is, it isn’t okay for the Obama children , the Palin children , the Bush children, the Carter children, the Clintons, etc.
Its offensive all around , no exceptions.</p>

<p>I could not stop laughing about the fact that she had to consult her parents to understand she screwed up. You are in your 30s. If you don’t have your own moral compass by now, I’m quite worried for you. </p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Exactly…none of us had any power or choice of what careers our parents had. If our parents had had a career that shoved our faces into the spotlight (or microscope!), how does that justify others dissecting our every move (and likely many of our youthful moves weren’t always worth of applause. :wink: )</p>

<p>What she was really doing was taking the opportunity to slam the President and the First Lady by stating they disrespect the office and the country. That statement on its own is bad enough, but to do it through the children is despicable. </p>

<p>I thought the girls looked cute. </p>

<p>Btw, I’m someone who believes ALL children are off limits. This includes children of politicians, celebrities, etc. Kids deserve the chance to grow up in relative privacy. </p>

<p>I have to admit that I looked up her LinkedIn page. Are we sure that someone didn’t make this up? The MENSA membership is really too much. And did you see what she posted under languages? " Latin
Greek, Ancient (to 1453)" I took 4 years of Latin in HS, too, and I loved it and was really good at it. But I would never post dead languages on a professional website. And what happened in 1453 to the Greek language?</p>

<p>I thought the Obama girls looked cute and behaved appropriately. The president was joking around, and the (mild) faces they made were at his lame jokes. He asked them if they wanted to pet the turkey. I think it’s long past time to retire this stupid tradition. </p>

<p>I’m not sure where the “bar” comment came from. They were both completely covered up. Their skirts were short, but they had tights on, and I see teenage girls in short skirts all the time. </p>

<p>I made the mistake of reading some comments to news articles about this woman this morning, and it sickens me that there are so many people who agree with her and think she did nothing wrong. </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Agreed. Not only should the kids be off limits, her comments seem much ado about NOTHING. It was a silly event and the girls made the most mild expressions that any kids that age would make about being embarrassed by their parents’ lame jokes. They still clapped politely. It was not like it was a political speech. As far as what they were wearing…they were dressed entirely appropriately for their age in school clothes (even nicer level…not jeans or sloppy ones). They had on tasteful clothes. The length of their skirts were typical for today’s fashions for that age. Nothing they wore was revealing. The “bar” comment was so “out there.” </p>

<p>I also agree that listing what this women has on her LinkedIn (I haven’t viewed it) is really unprofessional for someone her age. </p>

<p>Lastly, for her to criticize any teen over smirking at a parent’s jokes or their very average attire, when she herself was arrested as a teen for shoplifting, a way more serious matter, is shameful.</p>

<p>There is a double standard depending on which political parties’ kids are being criticized. Some already mentioned the Carol Costello thing. She’s still there on CNN Letterman said some pretty crude things about Bristol Palin and he’s still there. And some pundits even said really cruel things about Palin’s son with Downs syndrome and they are still on TV. </p>

<p>It was all nonsense and a totally inexcusable for a 30 year old woman. But I also did fully NOT get the “bar” comment. What? How did that apply? Are plaid skirts, tights, hair buns and crew neck necklines all the rage at bars now??? </p>

<p>I agree with a poster upthread who suggested she might have had a few cocktails before she posted those comments. </p>

<p>Unfortunately, this woman will probably gain employment elsewhere and be lauded for “telling the truth”. </p>

<p>Where was it published that Lauten was once arrested for shoplifting? And, was she convicted??</p>

<p>What she did was incredibly unbelievably stupid and she went way too far with the criticism. The clips of them making “over-it faces” were everywhere though. Social media is very dangerous and she calls herself a social media specialist. Rather, she did. That’s over. I don’t know what to say about the scores. Maybe, it’s on old page.</p>