<p>I agree. There is a picture of her with a beer bottle dangling from her mouth as a teenager. She was also arrested for shoplifting at 17. How quickly we forget!</p>
<p>I will admit to looking at her LinkedIn page too - curiosity got the best of me. I got a good chuckle when I saw her test scores - pathetic on so many levels, just like her (at least she is consistent).</p>
<p>I also saw that about her teenage shenanigans. Let’s just all sit back and let our friend Karma work her magic. You know what they say about her…</p>
<p>Not sure if you guys saw the video of the Obama girls. I thought their behavior was quite innocent. Especially compared to what my own dd would have done at a function such as this. LOLOL from the ages of 12-18, just my mere presence disgusted her! Lol </p>
<p>Perhaps those are her real scores (although why anyone of any age would post them , I don’t know), but anyone can claim to have those scores whether they did or not. </p>
<p>“Not sure if you guys saw the video of the Obama girls. I thought their behavior was quite innocent.”</p>
<p>I saw it before I heard anything about this woman’s comment. I remember thinking how nice the girls looked. I think the older one might have on her school uni. Looks like the skirt I wore at my school years ago and typical of the local girls in my town who go to one of the private schools. </p>
<p>I have to say I was shocked when I heard all this as I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary at all. Besides, the turkey pardon is just a silly thing, not something of a serious nature. </p>
<p>Yes! Very silly! Imagine how they must have felt standing there. I myself would have rather taken a shot of cyanide than stand there and be part of such silliness and I’m an adult! </p>
<p>I don’t like it when anyone bullies any kids. The children of public officials are no different. The reaction to some when it is children of conservatives ( Sarah Palin ) it a little shocking to me. I follow the social media page of a local news station from Boston and sometimes read the comments section. Sadly, there were more than a few people who were upset with the comments from this woman, but were very supportive when the negative comments were about the teenage Bush daughters because they " deserved it " </p>
<p>Recently, a female correspondent from CNN did a segment on a recent physical assault on Bristol Pailn. She was obnoxiously delighted , on air when she played the 911 call , knowing that Bristol Palin had been physically assaulted.</p>
<p>This same woman claims to have been assaulted herself , but it was very funny to her when another woman was…because it was the daughter of Sarah Palin. And she still has her job :/</p>
<p>I am angered by this on so many levels! All kids of any politician, but especially the President should be off limits! I am sooooo tired of the partisanship, as that is the real reason for all of this. If you hate the Obama, fine, then posit valid points about HIM and move on. Not only did she go in on the first daughters, she then questioned the role that their parents play, as if these girls don’t have terrific parents. What really got me, was the comment about them being dressed to go to a bar! That was really low! Last but not least, she never apologized to them, it was the typical " if I offended anyone"…bs</p>
<p>^^^ It always seems to be this way…no apology for their words, just sorry they got called out on it. This isn’t limited to comments about children of prominent politicians either. A lot of people skate when it comes to the awful things they say, often without remorse.
And I thought the girls were dressed like many other teens, which shouldn’t shock anyone. Would we have felt better had they been wearing some fancy designer clothing ? Then the comments would have been about how wasteful they are with taxpayer money
Leave the kids alone !</p>
<p>This was a such a huge gaffe on Lauten’s part that I wondered if she’d been drinking when she posted it. Glad she resigned, and I hope this bites her in the rear for a while. Kid should be off limits, regardless of their parents’ politics.</p>
<p>I was very upset years ago at the awful comments made about Chelsea Clinton, who was 12 years old when her dad was elected, and Amy Carter, who was only 9. Imagine going through your adolescence under public scrutiny, and then reading/hearing vicious things from supposed adults about your appearance or behavior. There are some loathsome people in our media, on all political sides.</p>