Email from fin aid office...?!!!

<p>"Students are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress in
order to maintain eligibility for Student Financial Assistance.
After reviewing Academic Progress for your most recent semester, your
Satisfactory Academic Progress Status for Financial Aid was
determined as follows:</p>

<p>You are on PROBATION status. You are on probation for the Fall 2010
semester because you did not complete the minimum number of units
required for your last term.</p>

<p>If you have any questions regarding your status, please contact the
Financial Aid Office."</p>

<p>Does this only pertain to the financial aid I am (or was) going to get? Or is this like academic probation? I was taking 14 units this past spring and dropped calc (5 unit class). Finished this semester with 3 A's and that one W in calc.</p>

<p>HELP this is scaring this **** out of me. I already know I'm going to raise hell come Monday, but I need some quick opinions. I am only concerned about being able to take all the classes I registered for in the Fall and transferring on time.</p>

<p>it's fine. you're just on probation, more like a "warning" period. you dropped under the amount of units allowed for the amount of fin aid you were getting. just make sure you do it right next quarter, and you will go back to "satisfactory" status. don't fret over it. it's not such a big deal. my friend has been on probation like every other quarter, and they still give him full privileges/fin aid.</p>

<p>oh, and if you want it to go back to "satisfactory" instead of "probation" asap, you will need to give them back a portion of your financial aid, otherwise wait.</p>

<p>great thanx</p>