Engineering classes for non-Engineering majors possible?

<p>Just to start - my overall career goal lies in working in research and development in either chemical, material science, and/or biomedical engineering. I wanted to know if it's possible if a Physics degree at UT can get me here. I did some research on here and other forms, and I found out that if you want to do graduate engineering from a physics bs, you're better off trying to take some of the intro courses in the engineering field. Would this be possible to do at UT if I'm not in the engineering school?</p>

<p>I've heard that some introductory courses might be available but I'm pretty sure that most upper division courses are restricted to that major. I'm not aware of any "certificate" programs that can grant you access like in some other majors. You'll need to stop by that major's advising office to be sure.</p>

<p>Agreed. Your best bet is to check the course schedule and see which courses are not restricted to majors (most likely lower division intro courses). If there are some courses you'd like to take but are restricted, I'd recommend talking to the advising office or professor.</p>

<p>By the way, 11thDoctor, your username is cool.</p>