Engineering College Dilema

<p>I am an international student am applying to engineering colleges. I am currently enrolled in the GCE A Level program and I have taken all the courses required for an engineering major. I have a GPA of about 4.5, ACT Score: 29, SAT Math 2: 720, SAT Physics: 760 and TOEFL: 109. Apart from these, I have done about 100 hours of community service and have a decent list of extra curricular activities. My teacher and counselor recommendations are also quite good. Which engineering colleges will I be able to get into?</p>

<p>I have also applied for financial aid but I am quite doubtful about getting any aid. My parent's real estate value is alone about $ 800000. My cousins, who have almost similar possessions, did not get any aid. Do I have any chance of getting an aid?</p>

<p>There are two types of aid. There's financial aid which is to help students afford college, and there's merit aid which is to attract strong students. Depending on where you go you may get merit aid. You are very unlikely to get financial aid. </p>

<p>For better help you should tell people your preference for prestige vs. cost vs. strength of the program you're interested in, along with what that program is.</p>

<p>I am opting for a need based financial aid. My parents are willing to pay if I don't get any aid. I hope to get into a prestigious college and I am not worried about the cost. I wish to pursue a civil engineering major.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I am opting for a need based financial aid. My parents are willing to pay if I don't get any aid.

[/quote]

If your parents can afford a college without getting financial aid then I doubt you will qualify for any.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I have a GPA of about 4.5, ACT Score: 29, SAT Math 2: 720, SAT Physics: 760 and TOEFL: 109.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>did you take the SAT?</p>