engineering Research projects for grad students

<p>I was accepted into the M.Eng program and I want to switch into the M.S./PhD or just PhD program when I get there, in order to do that I will need to find a Prof willing to take me on as an adviser, are professors usually helpful and willing in this regard?</p>