English speaking Universities in Europe

<p>Do any english speaking Universities in Europe exist? Not that I don't want to respect the local culture, but I cannot speak any of the local languages in Europe. I would love to learn the language there, however. </p>

<p>I understand there are study abroad programs which offer classes in English, but I'm not happy at my current University and I would like to transfer. Maybe I have the "grass is greener" syndrome, but a big perk in moving to a European country would be experiencing a completely different culture than my own.</p>

<p>Well...there's always the U.K.</p>

<p>Many European Universities are adding programs taught completely in English because they are interested in attracting international students. You have to check each university individually for what programs are taught in English but I am pretty sure that many Swedish universities already do this. Some of the major universities in Italy, such as Padova and Scuola Normale di Pisa are also adding programs in English. As the previous poster states, there is always the UK (and Ireland)!</p>

<p>There are many international universities in Europe where the language of instruction is English and the curriculum is based on the American model of a liberal arts education: the American University of Paris, John Cabot University in Rome, Jacobs Bremen University, etc.</p>

<p>There's an American college in Switzerland called Franklin College. I don't know that much about them, I just remember getting lots of mail from them in high school and thinking Switzerland looked like a beautiful place to be. And certainly in Switzerland you'd have your pick of local languages.</p>

<p>Look into Amsterdam University College (AUC) and University College Utrecht (UCU). There may be a few similar ones in the Netherlands but those two are the most prominent.</p>