<p>So, I got some pretty great numbers showing up on my ePAL (electronic provisional award letter). For those of you who have been there & done that, how accurate was the ePAL to what the school actually ended up offering you? I ask, because they have notices posted all over the place saying that this is provisional, could change any time, etc…</p>
<p>Is there anyone for whom it was just WAY off?</p>
<p>I would say it is pretty accurate unless something changes on your end. My son got two outside scholarships (worth together about 12,500) and that caused the ePAL/EFAN to change. The way they explained it was the parent EFC doesn’t change. So if you get outside awards the first things they take away are the student loans, work study etc… The last thing they take away is the “free money”.</p>
<p>It just seems too good to be true. Can’t get my head around the idea of free money from an almost bankrupt state gvt! But I’ll take it. Should I feel guilty? ;)</p>
<p>No, thank the OOS students on your floor since they’re the ones subsidizing your education.</p>
<p>Excellent point. Are you OOS?</p>
<p>I’m OOS but I still got a generous offer :))))</p>
<p>Thank us California tax payers . . . now earn it, please.</p>
<p>The ePal is fairly accurate. Don’t feel guilty, just do well in school, get good grades, have a successful career, and reinvest your money into the regional economy via income tax and sales tax.</p>
<p>I suppose I feel responsibility more than guilt. Thanks, taxpayers! I’ll use it for good!
I’m also a taxpayer, though not much. I’m pretty sure that they had to make a new, lower tax bracket this year, just for me. I’m definitely getting more out of the system than I have put in so far. Free money just feels too good to be true. Especially when all of the other schools are offering me ****ty financial aid packages.</p>