Establishing CA Residency after living in Canada?

<p>Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this.</p>

<p>My cousin currently lives in Canada, and for college, he was thinking about attending a UC. He would be in the undergrad graduating class of 2015. He is a minor, but will turn 18 by January 2011. If his parents move here this summer (Jun - Aug 2010), would he be able to establish California residency and pay only in-state tuition? Also, his parents are separated, so if only one parent moves to California this summer, would he be able to have CA residency after moving to California just before his 18th birthday in December? Or would he have to move to CA as well this summer since he would start college at 18 years old?</p>

<p>I hope this made sense. Please help, thank you!</p>

<p>If a parent lives and pays taxes in CA for a year prior to his starting school, he would qualify.</p>

<p>If you want to check into the details for each school: [url=<a href=""&gt;]University&lt;/a> of California - Admissions<a href="google%20is%20your%20friend">/url</a></p>