Eureka is a scam

<p>I have emailed people and used Eureka to find research projects for the summer. Of the ones that replied, either they said they do not have an opening for undergrads or referred me to their colleagues on the research paper, saying that it was not "their" work (they were collaborator.) So just like I thought, the "database" with huge numbers of research for undergrad research is a scam... to make the university look good. This is somewhat of a rant and a question. </p>

<p>Unfortunately, the professors I am working with are either lecturers or do not need undergrads. </p>

<p>Any other ideas guys?</p>

<p>I happened to have some success. I just emailed like 20 yesterday and most of them responded back. Most of the ones that did respond said they had no openings, but I did get a couple of interviews or to contact them back when school is about to start to see if they have openings. I also got a volunteer position, but I'm still considering other options.</p>

<p>I haven't really used Eureka a lot yet. I wrote about the Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology Institute</a> for Cellular and Molecular Biology at The University of Texas at Austin in my transfer essay b/c of the research opportunities. I just contacted profs from there directly, no need to go through Eureka for me.</p>

<p>Make sure to read through the PI's/Lab's research. Attach your resume/transcript and state your interests. Hopefully a few will bite if you email enough. I just emailed another 25 or so today. :D</p>

<p>Look to see if they have any recent publications and calling is always a better option. I was able to get into one my freshman year without FRI. (that is after around 15 rejections)</p>

<p>Epic win :)</p>