European (esp. UK) unis: HS transcripts required?

<p>I'll be going to U Maryland College Park for 2010-2011. I hope to transfer to Europe (most likely UK) after freshman year. Do UK unis generally require high school transcripts from students transferring from a four-year US college? How about the trends in any other European countries?
I have around 40-50 college credits from 10 AP courses (all with scores of 4-5).
I checked the specific requirements for some unis such as UManchester. Requirement for high school transcripts was not stated, but since I'll have to use UCAS, I'd love to know about the specific UCAS policy for transfer students with regards to HS transcripts. It'd be wonderful if someone with experience can help me with this question! Thank you!</p>

<p>My grades aren't that bad :) I had a 3.8 UW at a very competitive high school, UMCP was my safety, I'm going there for financial reasons. This year I've had some troublesome family events that caused me to miss school, so my grades will not be as ideal as I had hoped.</p>

<p>I'm looking to study business (most likely accounting), if that helps.</p>

<p>Thanks again!</p>

<p>If you are trying to transfer credits obtained in HS (AP-credits) you will ofcourse need the transcript.</p>

<p>However I doubt that UK colleges will accept APs as college-credits. They usually are a prerequisit to studying, since normal HS credits are not considered good enough for college entry in the UK.
You might even get problems having your first year credits transfered if they are non-related to your intended major.</p>

<p>So keep the transcript ready as some might want to check your eligibility but dont get your hopes up. You also generally dont have to physically send in those materials unless they specifically ask for it. Maybe keep a pdf-scan ready.</p>

<p>You also state you chose UMCP for financial reasons: Studying in the UK as a non-EU citizen is damn expensive and in the next years tuition fees are going to skyrocket (with student migration caps and cuts to colleges). These fees are an important income to the colleges and they are going to be tough. Especially with a weak dollar it will be far more expensive than any public school in the US.</p>

<p>Generally looking at your situation it might be best if you apply as a first-year student. The college experience might get you into a really good school and I doubt that you will be allowed to skip a year if you apply as a transfer (remember UK bachelors are only 3 years).</p>

<p>I am 99.9% certain you won't be able to transfer. There is no such concept in the UK. You will have to apply as a first year student. No credit will transfer. No transcript necessary for UCAS. It's possible a university might ask for it as part of the application process, but I doubt it. </p>

<p>Note everything beta61 has said, especially about fees.</p>