Experiment to test the Theory....

<p>Hey Guys</p>

<p>I thought it might to interesting to try this out...
we'll make a list of all CCer's who are applying to USC and come to the USC section of CC all the time to overanalyze statuses and such...
so let's put the Theory to the test.</p>

<p>Everyone copies and pastes the above post and adds their CC name, status last updated, which status, and whether they've been accepted or not...(and if accepted..which batch.)....names can later be updated for those who receive acceptances/rejections later on...</p>

<p>We can then see a general correlation between status updates ....and acceptance or rejection patterns.....this thread might be useful for the class of '13...</p>

<p>i'll start...</p>

<p>lynn4eva/'being in review'/status last updated: 3/12/not accepted yet.</p>

<p>aj16/'being reviewd'/ status last updated 2/27/ not accepted yet (international)</p>

<p>Nickel Xenon/"in review" 1/17/08 Not accepted yet.</p>

<p>I was in prelim review since Jan 17th and I was one of the people that got updated in that massive update, though I can't remember when that was. It doens't matter, though, since the date at the bottom didn't change.</p>

<p>S33D/'being reviewed'/status last updated 3/12/not yet accepted (international)</p>

<p>suenos53/upgraded to "in review" 3/7 but computer date still says 2/19; not yet accepted</p>

<p>seniormom99/being reviewed'/status last updated 2/22/not yet accepted</p>

<p>lynn4eva/'being in review'/status last updated: 3/12/not accepted yet</p>

<p>aj16/'being reviewd'/ status last updated 2/27/ not accepted yet (international)</p>

<p>I was in prelim review since Jan 17th and I was one of the people that got updated in that massive update, though I can't remember when that was. It doens't matter, though, since the date at the bottom didn't change.</p>

<p>S33D/'being reviewed'/status last updated 3/12/not yet accepted (international)</p>

<p>My sons's message, applied to SCA, had recieved grade message posted 2/14
Your application is being reviewed by the admission committee. We will mail notification of their decision by April 1. If for some reason you don't receive our written notice, we will be happy to provide the results over the phone beginning April 11th. Status last updated: 3/11/2008 3:50:28 PM NOT ACCEPTED</p>

<p>Sheed30/being reviewed/status last updated 3/12/Not yet accepted</p>

<p>plav/being reviewed/ updated 2.19 / not yet accepted</p>

<p>plav/being reviewed/ updated 2.19 / not yet accepted</p>

<p>elisaxbanana/being reviewed/updated 3/12/not yet accepted</p>

<p>Cleaned up and Alphabetized--so it will be easier to find your name and update later with a big ACCEPTED and date :)</p>

<p>aj16/'being reviewd'/ status last updated 2/27/ not accepted yet (international)
collegeboundx2's S/being reviewed/status last updated: 3/22/not yet accepted (SCA)
elisaxbanana/being reviewed/updated 3/12/not yet accepted
lynn4eva/'being in review'/status last updated: 3/12/not accepted yet
madbean's S/no message ever/status last updated: 12/1/ accepted 1/26
Nickel Xenon/"in review" 1/17/08 Not accepted yet
plav/being reviewed/ updated 2.19 / not yet accepted
S33D/'being reviewed'/status last updated 3/12/not yet accepted (international)
Sheed30/being reviewed/status last updated 3/12/Not yet accepted</p>

<p>aj16/'being reviewd'/ status last updated 2/27/ not accepted yet (international)
collegeboundx2's S/being reviewed/status last updated: 3/22/not yet accepted (SCA)

<p>Mom-MD's D/We are unable to process the status of your application at this time. Please try again later, or Contact Us with any questions or concerns you might have. /status since applied/email response: received mid-year report, "we will continuing reviewing your application"/Not yet accepted.</p>

<p>Thanks madbean, this makes it a lot easier. I am correcting a typo I made in my son's date of message change.</p>

collegeboundx2's S/being reviewed/status last updated: 3/12/not yet accepted (SCA)

<p>Mom-MD's D/We are unable to process the status of your application at this time. Please try again later, or Contact Us with any questions or concerns you might have. /status since applied/email response: received mid-year report, "we will continuing reviewing your application"/Not yet accepted.</p>

<p>Isn't it better to just ask the SoCal people who get their notices this Saturday to post their current status and last updated date? If there is any trend it will be evident by tomorrow evening.</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/1059943832-post86.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/1059943832-post86.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

collegeboundx2's S/being reviewed/status last updated: 3/12/not yet accepted (SCA)
shadekeiko/'being reviewed'/status last updated: 3/7 (still says 12/19) /not yet accepted

<p>In review-3/10-no word yet</p>

<p>France76/"being reviewed"/Last Update: 3/3/Not Yet Accepted.....it's killing me!</p>

shadekeiko/'being reviewed'/status last updated: 3/7 (still says 12/19) /not yet accepted
Sheed30/being reviewed/status last updated 3/12/Not yet accepted
svg1990/being reviewed/status last updated 3/7/ not yet accepted/denied</p>

<p>The theory was formulated using people's status' and their admission decision (or lack of). Essentially, anyone who had posted a status/decision on this forum was looked at for stats. From that we created the theory. Therefore, it is unlikely that anything posted here will disprove/test the theory as the dataset is virtually identical.</p>

<p>I think the theory about your theory is that the info here will show whether the date of the status change correlates with the date of admission.</p>

<p>We could look at the above posts in batches, based on when the status went into "being reviewed", and see if the earlier ones get in first. </p>

<p>Status updated week of 1/14, no admissions decision yet:
Nickel Xenon</p>

<p>Status updated week of 2/18, no admissions decision yet:
plav</p>

<p>Status updated week of 2/25, no admissions decision yet:
aj16 (international)</p>

<p>Status updated week of 3/3, no admissions decision yet:
france76
rainmama's son (film)
shadekeiko (film)
svg1990</p>

<p>Status updated week of 3/10, no admissions decision yet: