Hi all! I am looking for advice regarding my extracurriculars/awards/summer programs because I feel that that is my weakest area. I’m in my sophomore year, and will be doing Full IB next year.
Currently, I am:
- a member of my school’s dance team, with potential for leadership either this upcoming year or next
- founder & president of local youth council
- Youth Rotary Club Officer
- Volunteer with the local business association
- Volunteer & Sunday School teacher at local church
- ASB coordinator
- DECA member (qualified for State but did not place this year)
- National Honor Society member
- Potential to be on Youth Legislative Advisory Council for my state (applied, haven’t heard back yet)
As far as Awards, I’m totally lost on how I would get those. The only ones I currently have are Volunteer of the Quarter for the biz association, NHS, and Honor Roll…
For reference, I want to major in either Business, Econ or Political Science. My top/reach schools are Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth, Notre Dame, Tulane, Boston College and Vanderbilt.
I’d love any feedback/ideas regarding any of these areas!