Extreme case

<p>My situtation is very extreme:</p>

<p>hs gpa: 2.4 unweighted around 3 wieghted</p>

<p>AP: Bio (5), Comp sci, English, Latin, Chem, rest honors</p>

<p>SAT: 1700 (yikes!)</p>

<p>SAT 2: Bio M(630), Math 1 620, chem 620</p>

<p>Ecs: Volunteer work for albany med, Play the piano, sing indian carnatic classical music, varsity debater, tennis team, perfromed breakthrough research at RPI by designing a nanotube inhibitor of cholera (cureently being published in one of the prestigious journals in Europe)</p>

<p>What do you think? I don't expect to get in. I applied to the college of agriculture and life sciences btw.</p>

<p>wow, i just read your stats at first and i was about to (kindly) say there's no way, until i saw the thing about the nanotube research thing you did. if that's true, and you made a big deal about that in you application, i think you might actually get in...i mean, breakthrough research that's actually being published is pretty impressive.</p>

<p>But then again how much part of the research did you take place in?</p>

<p>umm...stats are a bit TOO low....but you never know...</p>

<p>By the way im tompi90, my username changed.</p>

<p>to answer golden130's question thats what my entire essay is about and i brought it up at multiple points in my application. To Achilles1211, I did the enitre, set-up, reactions, and data analysis, so basically everything. I also wrote in my essay about how i focused on my research and didn't have enough time to study, and how i will change that in college. </p>

<p>Again, i don't expect to get in but these things happen once in a while!</p>

<p>Yea...sorry but theres like little chance. Especially since CALS is one of the most applied schools for NY residents. Even I was accepted with a pretty low SAT, but not that low :(</p>