FAFSA + Changing Residency + Deadline next Monday?

<p>Today, I went to the admissions office in my local community college to change my residency, because it said Out-of-country. We went today and sent proof that I'm a permanent citizen w/ no green card (waiting for it in the mail). Now that they have alternate proof, they have to process it and it's going to take at least 10 days. They told me they'll secure my classes, but payment deadline is next Monday. School is closed Friday, Sat, and Sunday.</p>

<p>If the status is "out of country" then they are going to charge me 2990$ for my classes.
If I get the residency changed to permanent resident, it will only be 500$.</p>

<p>But payment deadline is next Monday, and I just started the process today. Idk what to do.</p>

<p>Should I wait for the process (at least 10 days) so its only 500$ and then go to the financial aid office? (but its going to be past the deadline, and they might drop my classes)
Or should I go to the Financial Aid office on Monday, and tell them I'm still processing my residency so the payment would only be 500$?</p>

<p>I don't even know how to know if my residency in the school changes.</p>

<p>What should I do? Applying for college is to new for me and my family.</p>

<p>EDIT: This is what their website said:
"Admission in Error of Nonresident Students: A nonresident student subject to payment of nonresident fee, who has been admitted to a class or classes in error without payment of fee, shall be excluded from such class or classes upon notification and pending payment of the fee. For the purpose of this rule only, notification consists of oral or written advice from the Admissions Office to the student prior to the end of the sixth week of the semester, session or period of enrollment."</p>

<p>Call and ask the Admissions/FA office. They will be the best source.</p>

<p>I would but its already past their office hours. And the next time I can call will be on Monday :. The deadline date.</p>

<p>Can you email them at all? I've contacted my son's college that way...</p>

<p>You know, I think I'll just talk to them this Monday in the Financial Aid office about my situation. Thanks anyways :)</p>