Fafsa due before taxes?

<p>So, whose bright idea was THIS? Is it jsut my Ds school or is it universal...I need to know so I can either suck it up or whine to somebody</p>

<p>Yes. Son's school due April 1. I sucked it up a while ago. :)</p>

<p>Estimate your taxes and submit as "Will File". After you have filed, file a Correction. </p>

<p>Good luck! I just filed my LAST FAFSA!!</p>

<p>Fafsa I think is due on different dates depending on the school. My school has it due on April 15th. I remember when I was applying to different schools a lot of them had some due dates much earlier and others much much later than what my university has in place.</p>

<p>My last too. How times passes!</p>

<p>that is what i figured- we don't qualify for anything anyway...sigh...due to Hs business....but I can correct later I suppose</p>

<p>My D is going to work at the school, so she needs to have her ducks in a row, but we get nada, zippo...blech</p>

<p>the school just needs to see something on file</p>

<p>so off to harrass my accountant who will chew me out for missing stuff...such is life</p>

<p>if you don't qualify for anything and you aren't asking for financial aid, you don't have to fill out the FAFSA.</p>

<p>I do though...my Ds school has an internship/job she will do over the summer and she will be paid, and for the schools system or whatever, for the $ for her to get paid, they need this on file...believe me I tried to get out of it...guess its where the $ comes from, or how they get more or some thing i don't get...but after asking the toppy tops, I can't get out of it...</p>

<p>Oh, that stinks. My H is a CPA so we have all the tax software, and he did our FAFSA on 1/1. Some of mine were due February 1st, which is quite a pinch, since 1099s don't have to be mailed until the end of January.... seems a little silly to make them due so early that you're almost guaranteed to have to do them again.</p>

<p>You do the FAFSA early as a "will file" and then you complete your taxes ASAP and amend them to reflect your completed taxes.</p>

<p>If you think the FAFSA is a pita, you should know that the priority deadline for the Profile for some schools is November 1. You don't even KNOW what you'll be earning for the year...it's a real estimate. And the Profile can't be corrected online...you have to print it out and write in the changes.</p>

<p>We did both the Profile and the FAFSA for three years! The joys of two kids at two private Colleges.</p>