FAFSA Submitted - Omitted loans in error

<p>Like subject says, I submitted my 2010-2010 FAFSA and recieved my full Pell Grant award. However, unfortunately my intent was to include potential loan options as well. School is due to start on 8/30. Am I just out of luck for this school year? This is seriously going to affect my education plan</p>

<p>You can just apply for the Stafford loans at any time. Contact your school for details, such as filling out the Master Promissory Note.</p>

<p>Huh? Is it really that simple? I've got some calls to make Monday.</p>

<p>It should be, even if you fill out the FAFSA late. The only ones that can run out I believe are the Perkins loans, which are usually fairly small anyway.</p>

<p>What about Perkins?</p>

<p>Pekins loans are *very *limited - a school only has $xxx in Perkins to award and once they have awarded what they have they cannot get more. At this stage it is unlikely you would be awarded a Perkins loan. </p>

<p>The Stafford loan is different as it is not campus based like the Perkins so the funds do not run out. Did you mark on FAFSA that you do not want loans? There is a question that asks if you want loans and/or work study. You need to let the school know you are interested in loans.</p>

<p>Yep, like subject says, chose grants only in error. I will be calling them Monday</p>