FAQ from a Millikin Freshman MT!

<p>hello, everyone! I know that many of you seniors are going through an incredibly stressful time right now–believe me, I was in your exact same position a year ago (and it feels like it was barely a month ago!). however, after all the auditions and the stress and the sleeplessness and the tears, I am one-hundred percent positive that I chose the right school to attend. I read some negative comments about Millikin University on this site before I auditioned, and was immediately intimidated; however, everything about my MU experience has been positive, from the audition, to college life, to the BFA Musical Theatre program itself. </p>

<p>since this forum was so helpful to me during my auditions and decision-making process, I just wanted to make myself available to answer any questions anyone may have about Millikin. I’ve only been here several months, but if I don’t know the answer to any of your questions, I promise to ask someone who does! please feel free to send me a private message, or post on here if you have a question.</p>

<p>have fun, seniors, and break many legs! (:</p>

<p>Hi there! Does Millikin accept Transfers? What is your favorite thing about the school?</p>

<p>hi! Millikin does accept transfers! I know of two current BFA Acting majors who just transferred here and are both juniors; I'm sure there are more floating around, too. (: I also know that BFA transfer students go through a hurdle at the end of their first year, just like the freshmen. </p>

<p>oh, gosh, picking one favorite thing is hard... do you want my favorite thing about the school, the department, or my program in particular?</p>

<p>also, tomorrow is Millikin's first audition date for prospectives, so break legs to anyone who's attending! (:</p>

<p>:-) Thank you so much! Do transfers often have to repeat years at Milikin?</p>

<p>How about a favorite of each! :-)</p>

<p>hmm... that I'm not sure about. I'm currently on run crew with one of the junior transfer students, though, actually, so I'll ask her tomorrow if she knows anything about that!</p>

<p>oh, goodness! my favorite thing about the school is how close-knit everyone is. I was originally almost intimidated by that--I went to a high school with the same number of students that Millikin has, and going to a small college was the very last thing I wanted to do. however, I noticed even during my tour and audition how friendly and open the students were, and that first impression has only been reinforced during my time here. operating as a close-knit community is very much valued at MU. it's been so nice to be able to bond with people both in and out of my department--I live on the first year Honors floor, and am very close friends with most of the people here, yet also am lucky to spend a lot of time with other theatre students. it doesn't matter that I'm a MT major who plays N64 with my favorite crazy Commercial Music kids, an English Ed major, and a Philosophy major. we all respect and are curious in each other's fields, which I think is a really important environment in which to live and work. </p>

<p>I have to finish a paper now, so this post is to be continued! (:</p>

<p>That is so wonderful to hear! I'm so glad you are able to be in such a close knit environment like that! That is actually something that I'm really looking for if I do end up having to transfer, because that is something I have now, and don't want to lose. </p>

<p>How do you feel about your vocal training? My school has a very prestigious vocal program, so I'm looking for a program with a very good vocal program :-)</p>