Fare evasion citation

<p>I just received a fare evasion citation. Before anyone tells me that non-payers deserve to be penalized, I'd been put in a situation where I could not have paid. I explained that the driver of the crowded train opened the front door, said he wasn't giving out transfers, and motioned for us to get on through the back, but the officer didn't seem to care.</p>

<p>The public transportation system here has gotten outrageously strict in upholding its citations for revenue-raising purposes. I'm just a little worried that if I'm not successful in contending the citation, it's going to affect my future in some way.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if fare evasion citations go on people's permanent records? Do I need to be worrying about future employment opportunities? Has anyone here gotten one before?</p>

<p>I'd really appreciate if someone could help alleviate my worries. If that isn't possible, a clear explanation of what I should expect/do now would also be helpful. Sorry if this post makes me appear to be a terrible person! I am actually not.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Does anyone know if fare evasion citations go on people's permanent records? Do I need to be worrying about future employment opportunities?

[/quote]

this is a joke right?</p>

<p>Employment applications usually ask if you have been convicted of a crime- sometimes they specify a felony. I don't think fare evasion qualifies. Companies do do background checks, someone I know was arrested for disorderly conduct and lost a job offer when the background check turned it up.</p>

<p>this is just a fine, similar to a traffic ticket. you go to court and you pay your 25-55 bucks and be out.</p>