Favorite All-inclusive Resort?

We went to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico last year for the first time ever and really enjoyed it. I was shocked at how easy the whole thing was. We traveled as a family and our children really enjoyed it. My husband isn’t wild about the idea of going back, but our daughter talks about it constantly - and she can be persistent. Son is older and out of the house, and may or may not be joining us. I’m assuming the deciding factor is if we plan something he wants to do.

So now I’d like to hear suggestions of favorite all-inclusive resorts. Most likely we will be traveling mid-July and by then everyone will be over 18.

I wasn’t wild about the cigar smoking in Mexico, but I’m assuming that happens everywhere. I’m so used to the smoking laws in he US that I was surprised by it.

Thanks. (The thread about what haven’t you done yet reminded me to PLAN A VACATION!!!)

“I wasn’t wild about the cigar smoking in Mexico, but I’m assuming that happens everywhere. I’m so used to the smoking laws in he US that I was surprised by it.”

At the Riviera Maya resort where we stayed a couple of year ago, smoking was allowed only in designated areas pretty much out of sight.

This is the resort:

http://www.bahia-principe.com/en/hotels/riviera-maya/resort-siankan/

H and I were apprehensive prior to going on our first all inclusive this past winter. It was couples only at Sandals St. Lucia and we absolutely loved the entire experience.

I highly recommend the Westin Playa Conchal in Costa Rica!! It’s on the Pacific side and you fly into Liberia, not San Jose - United, American and Delta all flew there last year when we visited.

There is a beach, multiple pools, restaurants and bars and great golf course on site. Day trips to the canopy and Mt. Arenal can be easily scheduled. Upgrade to the Royal Beach Club for a private pool (no young kids allowed), a concierge and upgraded liquor.

Mexico is nice, Costa Rica is better!