FB timeline

<p>I've been working off and on for about 5 days on my new timeline for FB and I think it's looking pretty good, but would love to hear any tips or commiseration. I'm not quite clear about how much one can edit once it's "published". I wish we had older pic's on our computer for our previous houses because I've written when we've moved from place to place but only have pictures of our first house (because we re-visited in the last few years and took a picture) and our current ones. All of the others were pre-digital.</p>

<p>My understanding is that everyone's wall will be timeline, so better to do it the way I want it now rather then how it would default to.</p>

<p>Yes everyones FB is going to the timelime format. As you said it took you 5 days to work on it and that is just what the company is hoping for with the IPO coming out. They want to increase the amount of time that people are on the sight so that they could show the increase in advertizement revenue during the intitial stock sale. Great gimmick...great stragedy....just makes me want to disconnect from FB.</p>

<p>I have timeline. As far as I know you can adjust anything after you make the switch.</p>

<p>I don't have timeline..yet. Can't wait:(</p>

<p>I spent all of five minutes on my timeline. I have changed things around plenty of times since then. I don't think there is anything you can't change once you make the switch. To be honest, I thought the change had already been made so that all the walls were timelines now.</p>

<p>
[quote]
They want to increase the amount of time that people are on the site so that they could show the increase in advertizement revenue during the intitial stock sale. Great gimmick...great stragedy....just makes me want to disconnect from FB.

[/quote]
That's okay with me. I'm not buying anything because of a silly FB ad and I didn't mean to imply that working on the timeline was a 9 - 5 job, I just peck at it for a bit each day. Call me crazy, but I think it's kind of fun and I like the way it's shaping up. Glad to hear I can change it later.</p>

<p>I've been having fun, too. I just need more photos to work with. I have changed my cover photo at least five times since I switched to timeline. I'm working on learning more about the maps now. I didn't think I would like the change at first, but it is growing on me.</p>

<p>I've got a sort of workaround for missing pictures, and I'm sure there's a better way! What I'm doing though is taking pictures (with my smartphone) of older pic's and then uploading them to FB and then moving them into the correct place on the timeline. The colors are a little off and not as good quality as we're used to now, but good enough.</p>

<p>I haven't switched to the Timeline. Personally the whole timeline thing really means nothing. I doubt very much if I will look back on my own or anyone else's Timeline to see what they were doing in 2008. If I can keep up with current statuses that's plenty enough for me!</p>

<p>(goodness, I can't get my own photos in photo albums let alone worrying about this Timeline business!!!!)</p>

<p>I think that I find it appealing because it's easier then putting pictures in a photo album. We have a box of photo's in no particular order in their little envelopes and it's overwhelming to scrap book them or to scan and save them all. With the FB thing, I can get a picture on-line in under a minute and then remove it if it looks stupid. I am not really thinking of anyone else looking at it - I've got my setting on friends only. I'm doing it for me.</p>

<p>Right - but all your friends can see all those photos which might be fine, but I actually try and limit the number of photos I post. Family photos for instance - now that the kids are older don't feel I can or should show oodles of family pics from an event or vacation.</p>

<p>I haven't found much difference. Much ado about nothing--- but hey all those press releases were great free advertising for facebook. To me its just a different layout and the rest is the same. You can choose who sees what, what shows up (before or after you launch time line). And just like with the old format, you could always go back and look at old walls. </p>

<p>I personally find the layout too messy to look at, but I do like the background photo you can post now.</p>

<p>I don't like the way that if I post a photo on a friend's wall, it is so big on their timeline.</p>

<p>Mine hasn't switched yet.</p>

<p>I saw a pretty skyline the other day and snapped a photo so I'd have a nice digital landscape photo for the top of my home page. My mom's hasn't switched yet either but she will post a nice horizontal photo of the grandchildren side by side.</p>

<p>I was dreading the switch at first but as I have seen other people's who have switched - it doesn't seem too bad.</p>

<p>The other day I read something like "In other countries, people use facebook to post about corruption, democracy, and freedom. In the U.S., we use facebook to post complaints about changes in facebook." :D</p>