Fee subsidy/reduction?

<p>I'm planning on taking a multitude of AP tests this next year, and my family does not have much money to be spending. What process would I have to go through to receive the state and CollegeBoard's full discount (I live in California)?</p>

<p>I would suggest talking to teachers in your school to find out how this process goes about. </p>

<p>You can also email this question to the collegeboard. I think they might be in a better position to answer that question.</p>

<p>If you qualify for free or discounted lunch I do believe they only charge you $56 a test. </p>

<p>You should see if your school subsidizes it more, because I know at mine they only charge you $5 a test.</p>

<p>EDIT: I found this link on the College Board website:</p>

<p><a href="http://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/ap/coordinate/fee-assistance/state%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/ap/coordinate/fee-assistance/state&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I got a lot of my fees waived by the CB and my school. If you take four exams (or more, but no one ever takes more than four) at my school then you get one test free. On top of that I got the other fees reduced. Your school probably has money set aside for this. Talk to either your teachers or one of your vice principals or another administrator</p>

<p>Wow I guess we're lucky here in FL. Iv'e never paid for any of my exams, my school pays for everyone.</p>

<p>Talk to your guidance counselor. My high school never knew that students can apply for fee waivers that cover the entire cost of the exams until I downloaded the instructions from the CollegeBoard website and pointed it out to them myself. </p>

<p>According to the link OrangeD00D provided:</p>

The state of California will use federal funds to pay a portion of the AP Exam fee for public school students. Students who qualify for the Federal Free and/or Reduced Meal program are eligible for the College Board fee reduction. For these students, the state of California will pay up to $51 per AP Exam, depending on availability of federal funds.
*Final Fee per AP Exam for qualifying students: $5 *</p>

<p>What the school must do: </p>

<p>Using the forms provided by the College Board and the California Department of Education (CDE), the AP Coordinator must do the following: </p>

<p>Complete the School Worksheet for income eligible students.
Indicate the eligible students by marking the appropriate oval on the College Board AP Exam answer sheets.
Generate an online invoice at the College Board's AP Exam Ordering website-enter the total number of exams (not students) that qualify for the fee reduction.
Submit the College Board invoices and School Worksheet to the District Designee.
Send payment, $56 per exam taken by income eligible students, to the College Board.
Using the forms provided by the College Board and the California Department of Education (CDE), the district designee must do the following:
Complete a district Application for Reimbursement Request at the CDE Request for Applications Advanced Placement Test Fee Reimbursement Website.
After completing and printing the application, the district superintendent or designee must complete the assurances, sign, and mail the original Assurance page to the CDE office. When this is received at the CDE, it will receive a date stamp that records the date and time of submission.
Keep a copy of the forms you submit to the College Board and the CDE.
Please note that there are two online processes that must be completed: </p>

<p>Generate an online invoice at the College Board's AP Exam Ordering website.
Complete a CDE Reimbursement Request at the CDE website.
The CDE online submission must completed on or before June 15, 2010, and the original Assurance page must be mailed and received by June 30 - postmarks are not accepted.</p>

<p>If you do not submit a separate application to the CDE, you will not be eligible for reimbursement of exam fees for eligible students.</p>

<p>For more information, contact Marjorie McConnell, Education Program Consultant, California Department of Education, 1430 N Street, Suite 4503, Sacramento, CA 95814; <a href="mailto:MMCConne@cde.ca.gov">MMCConne@cde.ca.gov</a>; Phone: (916) 323-5830.


<p>Do you qualify for free or reduced lunch? If so, ask your counselor for fee waivers, and if he/she has no idea what you're talking about, show this to him. To see if you qualify for fee waivers, you can google to find the qualifications for reduced lunch or Collegeboard SAT waiver in California.</p>

<p>I do qualify for free/reduced lunch.</p>

<p>The advice seems to be talk to my counselor, principal, vice principal, or some other admin; mainly my counselor, about the fee waivers, yes?</p>

<p>Yes, talk to whoever is in charge of the AP exams/ collecting fees for AP exams. Usually the person you initially talk to will be able to direct you to the right party.</p>

<p>I live in Wisconsin, I qualify for reduced lunch so my test are very cheap, it all depends on where you live. Free lunch in Wisconsin = Free test.</p>