finaid - most need based scholarships?

<p>Which colleges give out the most need based scholarships?</p>

<p>I'm assuming you are NOT referring to merit scholarships that have a need factor, but rather the grant/scholarship portion of need based FA (that you apply for via FAFSA/Profile).</p>

<p>In general, the most selective colleges with the largest endowments give the most generous FA packages. For information on the FA policies of a college, go to their FA website.</p>

<p>Looking at your post history, I see that you're from NYS and looking to attend an OOS public. Most public schools give little need based aid other than federal and state grants, which requires a fairly low EFC. Have you run one of the online calculators to see what your estimated EFC will be?</p>

<p>If you are looking to attend an OOS public, my understanding is the ONLY ones that meet full need (it would include some loans) are University of Virginia, and University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. Both are excellent research universities and both are very competitive admission spot for OOS students. Both require the CSS Profile in addition to the FAFSA.</p>

<p>*Which colleges give out the most need based scholarships? *</p>

<p>Your question is rather odd because the answer won't necessarily tell you much.</p>

<p>The ivies, Stanford, and a few others are known to be the most generous with need-based aid. HOWEVER, none of those schools will give you a dime if your family has an income that is too high or too many assets.</p>