Final Grades

<p>So this past school year hasn't been the best personally for me. My dad had his hours cut and our house has been foreclosed on. It became really hard to concentrate on school with legal battles and other things on the table. My grades suffered because of this, first semester wasn't terrible, two C's, but this semester was worse, a B,C, and a D. I'm getting very scared U of I will rescind my admission. What should I do?</p>

<p>You need to be upfront about circumstances at home to both admissions and financial aid. I doubt you'll get a rescision given the set of circumstances that you describe. You need to contact admissions and they'll tell you what to do, but, most likely, they'll require documentation supporting what you've told them. Same for financial aid. Your father's financial circumstances will likely cause a recalculation of your family's EFC (Expected Family Contribution), which may qualify you for additional grants and loans. But, as I said before, you'll need to supply whatever supporting documents that they require. They're not just going to take your word for it.</p>