Financial Accounting, Business Law, Principles of Macroeconomics

<p>Which one from these courses is the easiest? And why?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Principles of Macroeconomics, Business Law and then Financial Accounting.</p>

<p>Macro because its quite simple. Business Law is a little hard coz you have to apply the law, not just memorize it. Financial Accounting requries a lot of hard work...countless hours of studying.</p>

<p>Thanks. Any other thoughts?</p>

<p>What's hard and what isn't varies on an individual basis. Also, the kind of teacher you get makes a big difference too. My Business Law teacher was awesome while my accounting teacher never taught us anything. For accounting, we basically had to self-study all the time. On the other hand, people who had better accounting teachers found it easier than macroecon and business law.</p>

<p>Yes I’m aware of the fact that it depends on teachers. But there should be some general characteristic of each course that makes them easier or harder than another.
I asked this question because now I’m deciding which course to choose for my fall semester in college. I want to choose easiest course possible from these three in order to have less difficulties in adjusting to new studying environment.</p>

<p>Well, if you ask me, most students take Macroeconomics first semester in college. I took Accounting and Business Law at the same time...in second semester. </p>

<p>I'd start with macro and do acctg/law later.</p>

<p>Financial Accounting - LOTS of numbers and basic calculations. TEDIOUS takes lot of time to "solve" a problem, especially when it comes to stocks and bonds. You make one very minor calculation error, you have to start the problem all over again from the beginning. This is one of those "You either Get it or Don't" courses. You learn to be practical person.</p>

<p>Business Law - Memorizing various law terms (which lots of are latin terms). LOTS of readings of various court cases. More interesting than Financial Accounting but can be more challenging due to the nature of "openended-ness" of the problems (there is not one definite answer but you have to know the rules to apply to the case). You learn to be a analytical person. </p>

<p>Macroeconomics - Mostly basic concepts of economics. The two main things you will learn are Monetary and Fiscal Policies. Some graphs used, very simple math skill required (just know how to do simple algebra). Personally I found this class to be the easiest of all. You learn to be a "Big Picture" person.</p>

<p>IMO, from easiest to hardest: </p>

<p>Macroeconomics -> Business Law -> Financial Accounting</p>

<p>At my school, macroeconomics has the lowest avg GPA of the 3.</p>

<p>Depends on who is taking which course. </p>

<p>Accounting majors tend to own economics/finance/statistics coursework imho....and find Business Law to be the tedious, more difficult courses. Of course, since there is a Law section on the CPA exam, they cannot afford slack on the BL courses either. And they obviously work harder to excel in their acctg coursework which tends to lead to better grades.</p>

<p>Finance and nonacctg majors struggle a little more with the accounting coursework because there is a 'futility' aspect to it. As in, 'this is not major and I can't wait to get my acctg requirements out of the way' (usually through Intermediate I at most schools). It isn't that these majors aren't as bright as acctg majors, but it's just not their area of interest.</p>

<p>Just my observations.</p>

<p>At my school, from easiest to hardest</p>

<p>Macroecon
Financial Acc (intro)
Business Law (law of enterprise organization)</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies. </p>

<p>I looked at each course closely and it seems that I should choose between macroecon and business law. But I have a chance to take the honors business law and I really want to take it , so what do you think, should I take honors business law during my first semester (will it be very challenging?) or is it better to take it during my sophomore year? Because Financial Accounting is required during my first year and I must take it in spring since I’m not taking it in fall.
Also does the course level determine whether the course is hard or not? Because Macroecon is intermediate liberal arts while other two are foundation management. </p>

<p>Macroecon</p>

<p>Course level: Intermediate Liberal Arts</p>

<p>Macroeconomics is concerned with developments in the national economy such as the level of output, prices and employment, and with the behavior of the national economy and the business cycle. Students will study national account aggregates such as GDP, GNP, exports, imports and balance of trade, and will learn about the US banking system, money creation and the use of monetary and fiscal policy to combat inflation and unemployment and manage stable growth.</p>

<p>Financial Acc</p>

<p>Course Level: Foundation Management</p>

<p>ACC 1300 is the required introduction to financial accounting course. Financial accounting involves the complete range of activity a company uses to prepare the financial statements it provides to people outside of the company, including shareholders, creditors, the government, customers, and suppliers. Students will learn how financial events (transactions) are identified, recognized, classified, recorded, and summarized into financial reports. These financial reports consist of the income statement, the balance sheet, the statement of cash flows, and the statement of stockholders' equity (as well as the associated explanatory statement footnotes). Students will learn both how to prepare and how to analyze and interpret these financial reports. Students will learn the language and terminology used in financial accounting that is prevalent in the financial press. Finally, the role ethics plays in the reporting of financial results will often be discussed. Many business scandals (such as Enron, WorldComm, and Tyco) result from falsifying financial accounting reports.</p>

<p>Business law</p>

<p>Course level: Foundation Management</p>

<p>This course is an introduction to the legal system. Survey of agency employment, torts, crimes, and contracts; formation, management, and financing of corporations and partnerships; sales; consumer protections; and securities law.</p>

<p>Business Law is not as challenging as you think. There are certain courses that will require huge amount of studying and review to pass (ie. Engineering and Advanced Math classes), and I can assure you Business Law is NOT considered to be one of those classes. It will give you strong foundation on the business and contracts. Take it whenever you want. It won't kill you.</p>

<p>Take Macro first semester. If you start with Honors Business Law or Financial Accounting, you might start off with a low gpa.</p>

<p>OK, thanks.</p>

<p>i agree accting prob the hardestt....</p>

<p>however usually macro is taken 2nd semester ayt my school after microecon due to the nature of the graphs. etc.</p>

<p>i nominate business law for the hardest course. Luckily i had an easy teacher however, or else i would have been screwed. Just make sure you dont take this is a 6 week course</p>