Financial Aid Advice

<p>Ok, so we all know that FAFSA time will come here quick, and my mom and I are totally new to it. I applied to 23 schools, so I'm not sure if the individual fin aid forms they have are seperate from the FAFSA or not. Doesn't every school have a number that you punch in? Will I have to fill out 23 fin aid forms even if I can eliminate a couple of schools, or would it be best to fill out all forms?</p>

<p>You need to check the websites for each place and find out what they need. Then you probably want to make a spreadsheet or checklist so that you can everything organized.</p>

<p>Most colleges and universities require the FAFSA, Home</a> - FAFSA on the Web-Federal Student Aid so you will fill that out one time (unless you have to go back and make corrections) with up to ten names of colleges and universities. After you get your report back about two days later, you can re-enter the website, change the names on the list, and send it out to ten more, and repeat as needed. If it turns out that you need to correct or update it, don't forget to re-send it to all of the places on your list.</p>

<p>Some colleges and universities also require the CSS Profile. <a href=""&gt;;/a> Again you will only need to complete this one time unless there are corrections, and you will have to go back into the system in order to have it sent to more places. There is a one-time filing fee that covers one college/university, and a charge for each additional institution. </p>

<p>A few colleges and universities have their own financial aid applications in addition to, or instead of the FAFSA and/or CSS Profile. In that case, yes you would need to file that paperwork individually.</p>

<p>Some state aid programs and scholarships require filing the FAFSA or Profile. If you will be applying for any of these, check their due-dates and rules too.</p>

<p>Good luck with everything!</p>