First Job

<p>Okay, so I'm a rising senior, looking for a job.</p>

<p>Freshman/Sophomore years I did not have a car/license and thus couldn't have a job.</p>

<p>Last summer I was going to try to get a job, but I couldn't because of three things; I would be gone all of June, I would be gone for a week in July, and when I was not gone in July I would need to be particularly focused on baseball since I was gone the entire last month (I needed to fulfill my commitment to the team).</p>

<p>After school started, I was busy with conditioning for baseball and my APs (coincidentally I didn't end of playing baseball in the spring, due to issues with the coach), so I did not get a job.</p>

<p>The point of all this ^ is to justify why I don't have any real work experience yet. This is generally not a good thing, considering the fact that I only have about a semester until I apply to colleges like WashU that look for work experience, ECs, etc.</p>

<p>I have been incredibly busy with the SAT, summer homework for AP Lit, and a conference at a local college so far this summer. However, the only thing I have left until school starts is a short trip to Florida, so I would like to finally get that work experience I've wanted (needed) for so long now.</p>

<p>I have been thinking about applying for a job at Borders or Best Buy. I love both of these stores and would love to be able to work at either of them. Would I have a chance at either despite my lack of past experience? Would working a part-time job throughout July-August and during the school year give me strong enough work experience for my applications to elite colleges if my other stats (except ECs, to a limit) are strong? Thanks for the help.</p>