Flexibility

<p>How easy is it to double major, switch majors, switch schools, or study abroad?</p>

<p>very easy for all of the above. i changed majors in about 15 minutes, and schools is supposed to be pretty easy.</p>

<p>Changing majors and even schools is very easy. The only problem you might run into is finding a decent adviser if you change majors so often.</p>

<p>Not sure about study abroad but I know many upperclassmen who have done it and have had many connections to do so.</p>

<p>I believe I read that Chancellor Zeppos has established as one of his goals the extension of financial aid for study abroad during the summer session. Many students seem reluctant to miss a regular semester and summer is a good time to take advantage of travel opportunities. One of my kids did a study abroad and I found the study abroad office quite organized.</p>

<p>2VU0609, you are correct about the Chancellor's goal.</p>

<p>As the above posts have accurately stated, it is very easy to switch majors; changing undergraduate schools usually not difficult either. Additionally, some of the core requirements for the four schools are similar if not the same, which usually means you won't be too far behind after switching schools.</p>

<p>I do not know of any student who has been denied the ability to study abroad; I do not even know of anyone who was not selected for his or her first choice program. The programs have different requirements (grades, languages, years of study, applications and interviews, etcetera) and, obviously, some are much more competitive than others. Even if you are not eligible for some Vanderbilt-sponsored programs, because of grades or whatnot, you can apply for programs through other colleges and universities and still receive credit at Vandy--assuming, of course, that you have permission.</p>