<p>I’m flying from London to Atlanta around January 8th to go back to school but I want to stop off in Oklahoma to visit a friend.</p>
<p>Whats the best and cheapest way to do this? </p>
<p>I have found a flight from London to Atlanta for only $600 but then if I add a stop over of 4 days in Oklahoma its costs about $1400</p>
<p>I have also tried looking at seperate flights, for example booking the $600 to Atlanta and then booking a seperate flight to Oklahoma from there and that costs around $460 so that would be the cheaper option in total. But then that would be quite tricky arranging the flight to make sure even if i was delayed in arriving in Atlanta I could still make the flight to Oklahoma.</p>
<p>Get a good travel agent. If you leave London on the 4th however, there’s an Aer Lingus itinerary for a little more than a grand.</p>
<p>For the fun of it, I pulled up London-JFK-Oklahoma City on the 8th and Oklahoma City-Atlanta on the 12th, basically forcing a stopover at JFK, and while there are like 4 plane changes it’s $1010. A good travel agent can probably get a better ticket for less. A forced connection in Chicago gets you $927. Search London-Chicago-Oklahoma City (same days) and then Oklahoma City-Atlanta (later) on a multistop itinerary.</p>
<p>Aer Lingus and AA are both in the same alliance so you should be okay if you miss your onward flight in Chicago.</p>
<p>Since Oklahoma is nowhere near Atlanta (several hours away by plane), you are going to have to find a pretty creative travel agent to find a good fare. It’d be like saying you want to stop over in Greece on your way to London from Atlanta. Quite out of the way. One hope would possibly be to fly on American Airlines, whose hub is in Dallas, and get someone to come down to Dallas to meet you (Dallas is comparatively closer to Oklahoma City). Then you’d fly from Dallas to Atl. Because American Airlines hub is in Dallas, you can easily find a flight that will require you to fly through Dallas to Atlanta (even though this too is out of the way). Good luck</p>
<p>futurenyustudent thanks for the ideas, but I can’t leave any earlier then the 8th because my friend from school in America is staying with me in London and she doesn’t leave London until the 8th. I’ll try getting some prices from a travel agent though!</p>
<p>**Jym626 ** I like the idea of stopping in Dallas, maybe i could get the greyhound from Dallas to Oklahoma instead of another flight?</p>
<p>You’re welcome. Try the Chicago stopover-it’s the cheapest out of all the reasonable hub cities. Both American and United have hubs there and other airlines serve it extensively so fares are pretty competitive.</p>
<p>I did look up fares to Dallas and Houston-they’re both in the $1250 range.</p>
<p>Maybe your friend in Oklahoma could do part of the traveling and meet you “in the middle” somewhere. </p>
<p>If you were talking about meeting at one of the hub cities for an airline, you might have more options (Chicago, Houston, etc.), but Oklahoma City is an end-point, not a through-point/hub for the airlines, so your choices will be fewer.</p>
<p>If you’re able to drive 2-3 hours, flights into either Wichita, KS or Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW) from Atlanta are quite reasonable (Air Tran flies there). The Wichita airport is very small and easy to navigate and it is an approx. 2 1/2 hour easy interstate drive to OKC. Or maybe your friend could drive and pick you up? The distance to Dallas is a bit longer and not quite as easy a drive (much more traffic in the DFW metro area)</p>
<p>Sidestep can get it down for about $750. Sidestep.com, use the “multi-city” trip search. Put in a return to London from Atlanta even if you don’t need it, using a mid-week return (say January 24 or so). At least, this worked when I just tried it. I didn’t look at the details of all the flights. </p>
<p>Oh, and for the city code, use LON, which will search all London airports, not specifically Gatwick or Heathrow. Good luck!</p>
<p>Here’s the details from one of the suggestions that Sidestep had (you get to connect in Detroit!):</p>
<p>Flight Details
$731 </p>
<p>Flight 1 Information Thu 8 Jan 2009<br>
Northwest<br>
Flight 31<br>
Departs: 1:00p
Gatwick (LGW)<br>
Arrives: 5:00p
Wayne County (DTW)<br>
Layover: Wayne County (DTW) for 2 hours 10 minutes<br>
Northwest<br>
Flight 2516<br>
Departs: 7:10p
Wayne County (DTW)<br>
Arrives: 8:43p
Will Rogers World (OKC)</p>
<p>Flight 2 Information Mon 12 Jan 2009<br>
Delta<br>
Flight 5519<br>
Departs: 12:32p
Will Rogers World (OKC)<br>
Arrives: 3:34p
Hartsfield- Jackson (ATL) </p>
<p>(For what it’s worth, here’s the “return” to London)
Flight 3 Information Wed 21 Jan 2009<br>
Air France<br>
Flight 3620<br>
Departs: 8:10p
Hartsfield- Jackson (ATL)<br>
Arrives: 9:30a
Gatwick (LGW)</p>
<p>I love the OKC airport because it’s so simple! If you aren’t picky about having to stop in Atlanta, you can get much cheaper flights. I’d have to say that Dallas is a main layover stop for OKC flights, so you might try that. I hope you enjoy OKC!</p>
<p>Thank you very much for the info about sidestep.com! I found the flight I want and it only costs $753, I’m about to book it now!! Didn’t think I would ever find it that cheap!</p>