For those admitted-who's accepting(UIUC 1st choice),who's rejecting & who's waiting??

<p>For all those have been admitted , Congrats!!</p>

<p>Who all are accepting UIUC offer right now, who is rejecting and whos waiting??</p>

<p>Also, when will I get the admission packet in the mail? (I live in India - so it could take longer)</p>

<p>Whats the next step for all you guys out there??</p>

<p>i am going to wait for other college results and then compare aid awards...</p>

<p>I got accepted into UF and UIUC yesterday =D happiest day ever. UIUC is looks awsome but i really dont think im going to be able to afford it, i'll just have to wait and see.</p>

<p>other factors include. need to wait</p>

<p>I was outright rejected from UF yesterday and accepted to the freakin computer! I just don't see how this happens when UIUC is even ranked higher than UF. Whatever.</p>

<p>Now that I got rejected from UF, I'm seriously considering UIUC even though I'm OOS and my parents no longer have any plans to move to Illinois. My parents are even behind me on this one. Basically, it will come down to financial aid and scholarships. I already got $16,000 a year from UMiami and I have a full $8,000 per/yr Bright Futures scholarship. (The scholarship run by the state.) The thing is, if I go out of state, I give up bright futures. Going to Miami, I will save $24,000 a year off their tuition already. (Thing is my family still need more financial aid after that if we can afford to go there.) If UIUC can beat Miami and the Florida government's already impressive deal, I'll be taking an extreme look and fly up to visit!</p>

I have to see where I get in, where I get scholarships, and how much financial aid I get.
Basically, I have to see what the best best-value school is for me.</p>

<p>I will probabaly pass up on UIUC. They got a good business program but I'd go to Indiana over UIUC. 2nd thought, i live in WI so maybe Wisconsin or Minnesota cuz it's cheaper. UIUC is rediculously expensive for oos. I could go to an ivy for tht price</p>

<p>I'm waiting, but I'll probably end up passing...</p>

<p>waiting to see what other offers i get</p>

<p>hi uniguy i also got accepted to uiuc and am considering it though i am waiting for ucla and ucb's reply.
ps i am also from india</p>

<p>^^ I'm in the same situation =)</p>

<p>Just rejected their offer. Got in through ED at my first choice school</p>

<p>im rejecting, fees is too expensive. from india too.</p>

<p>I might go, but it's really my last backup. I'm going to wait and see how much fin aid I get from Grinnell and if I get into William and Mary, which pretty much has the same OOS tuition as UIUC instate.</p>

<p>Even I have been admitted for undergrad in CS engg. I am from india. wondering if any kind of financial aid or scholarship is awarded to international student.</p>

<p>I did as a transfer. I will have to think it over. It's in state so that's good, and my brother is a freshman there now. But I might want to stay closer to the city.</p>

<p>Accepting offer for the engineering school, even though the out-of-state tuition is absolutely nuts.</p>

<p>^^Yeah, I'm passing for the reason you said. The tuition is incredibly high...</p>

<p>well, they gave me a scholarship, making my tuition more like in-state tuition, but i'm still waiting on schools like cornell and duke</p>

<p>i really like the school though.</p>

<p>just visited UIUC, decided not attending, very disappointed with campus location, environment, students and overall....</p>