For those in marching band..(or not)...

<p>How big of a difference does the football division play in how marching band was?</p>

<p>Would a division 3 band, have it worse than a division 1 band?</p>

<p>I was thinking they would since they would be in the absence of bowl games, (maybe) membership, and school support/funding/spirit would be lower due to the low division; even if they do win the majority of their games.</p>

<p>Yeah, I guess what would be considered "worse" is that the band would get less funding because of less exposure and notoriety. </p>

<p>My school is division I in sports and now that the football team has been doing pretty well (at least I think so) and getting us to bowl games for the past few years, it has helped the band in terms of donations from alumni and even companies. We get as much exposure now because of the football team, which is helping us financially and in terms of recruitment.</p>

<p>But yes, I do basically agree with you about how it can affect the band in terms of funding and lower membership. Sometimes there are schools without a band because they simply can't afford it, especially if the spirit is low anyway. </p>

<p>Are you in the marching band at your school?</p>