Foreign Language Placement Test?

<p>I want to take a foreign language and have absolutely no experience with it. Do I still have to take a placement test to register for the class? Because I saw on the placement test website that I was ineligible to take the test and I'm not sure if I can just enroll in the class without talking to someone or something. Thank you for reading and hopefully answering ^.^</p>

<p>B.T.W This is the placement test website I was referring to UC</a> Riverside | Placement Test Enrollment</p>

<p>If you have no experience at all in that foreign language, then you can just enroll in it if there is space. If you do have experience, that is when you need to take a placement test.</p>

<p>xcupnoodles is right. My experience stems from years ago when I took the Chinese 20A/B series for heritage learners, but you can sign up and then GROWL will notify you or have a notice as to where to go to take the test. You obviously have to do this the quarter before you are to start taking the class.</p>

<p>The tests consists of reading, speaking, and writing.</p>