French Literature 2A

<p>I'm deciding between Literature 2A and LIFR 1D/1DX for this fall quarter. I'd like to improve my speaking and comprehension and reinforce the grammar I've learned so far. </p>

<p>At the same time, I'd like to study literature but not in a time-consuming, engrossing way that would drain my time from other subjects and put a 4.0 in peril. My first question: what exactly does Literature 2A entail? Is there a lot of grammar review? What novels do we read? How is the work load and pace of the course? </p>

<p>Here's my mentality. Above all, I want to fulfill the ERC foreign language requirement. Next in line, I want a 4.0 GPA. My next highest priority is to gain fluency or at least boost my proficiency. Last, I simply want to enjoy French literature. </p>

<p>Which course is a better fit for me? All insights are appreciated.</p>

<p>Definitely 1D/DX... it fits your priorities and would definitely improve your speaking and grammar. I took it - it's a lot more work than you think so just be ready.</p>

<p>it's really easy to get an A in 1D, since you're evaluated only in speaking and the odd vocabulary quiz. the grammar in 1DX was pretty tough for me, since it had been a year and a half since the AP french exam for me. i took 1D for a grade and 1DX P/NP, best decision ever.</p>

<p>I had a similar question... but for the Spanish Lit 2A and 1D/DX rather than the French, if anyone has an opinion on that : )
hope it's all right that I post that here..</p>

<p>astrina,
Thank you so much for the advice. I will keep that in mind.</p>

<p>ucsandiego915,
How would you describe the pace and work load of the course, being that you said it's more work than I'd expect? For example, is the grammar on the placement test similar to what you get tested on during the course?</p>