Freshman Transfer

<p>I am going to be a freshman in NYU this fall term.</p>

<p>As their reputation, the financial aid package is not satisfying.</p>

<p>I am thinking of transfering in other better colleges, esp. those with good bussiness program.</p>

<p>If I fill out applications to transfer for spring term2010, what happens to the loans I borrowed for the acadamic year?</p>

<p>Can all the loans be canceled? Or is it only possible to transfer at beginning of sophomore year??</p>

<p>Will I have a chance to transfer to Massachusetts Institute of Technology & university of pennsylvania?</p>

<p>Are there top colleges with good financial reputation?</p>

<p>HS Unweighted GPA: 3.788
Weighted GPA: 4.788 (not sure)</p>

<p>SAT: 1910 (not high) Going to retake it</p>

<p>SAT II:
Math II 800
Chem 780</p>

<p>AP:
Calc AB 5
Calc BC 5
Psychology 5
Chem 5
Bio 4
Eng 3
Goverment 5
Chinese 5</p>

<p>Fall Semester Schedule:
Intro Econ, Intro Computer Science, Writing the essay, Calc III (hopefully)</p>

<p>MIT does not take freshman transfers according to their website. You need at least two academic terms. And I'm not too sure on whether or not UPenn does or does not.</p>

<p>If you can afford it, you should stay at NYU for your freshman year. I'm a bit torn on retaking the SAT/ACT in college. Because you are no longer a high school student and are taking college courses, I'm not entirely sure on how the admissions committee might look upon that, but if you feel better taking it, you should. I think I'll be doing so as well.</p>

<p>FA and merit aid would depend on your EFC and other things. Best to contact the school.</p>

<p>If you need a school with good merit or financial aid, applying as a transfer is not the way to go. It is much more competitive to be accepted into the top schools as a transfer, and financial and merit aid is much more limited. (Although it seems like Penn and MIT are the exceptions to the acceptance rate generality). Schools that are need-blind for freshmen aren't necessarily that way for transfers. (If you really want to go to NYU, why not transfer into it?)</p>

<p>What would you do if you aren't accepted into a more affordable and/or prestigious college as a transfer? The</a> Cost of College: Dream school, nightmare debt – amFIX - CNN.com Blogs</p>

<p>Most "top" schools won't accept transfer students with less than a year of college credits. </p>

<p>In my experience, loans are dispensed to my account once per semester. I imagine that the loans wouldn't be dispensed (especially if I made a few phone calls) if I withdrew before the loans were credited to my account.</p>

<p>Thank you.
I just did some research and looks like MIT and Univ of Penn both do not accept mid-year freshman.
Are there any other colleges that accept freshman transfer?
And College_ruled, I have been accepted to NYU right now, and I am considering of transferring.</p>

<p>I watched The Cost of College: Dream school, nightmare debt – amFIX - CNN.com Blogs.</p>

<p>And that certainly freaked me out. It just made me want to transfer more.</p>

<p>If you withdraw before you attend NYU, then you can apply again (elsewhere) as a freshman.</p>