Fudging the Truth

<p>Okay so I'm just curious and this is a question that goes out to the experts... what if I fudge the truth a little bit on my application? Not to a point where its unbelievable... but just a tad... does everyone do it? Will I be caught? what are the consequences? I would just do it because Cornell is my true dream school. Bad reason?</p>

<p>Dont do it. Unless its like rounding your community hours from 99 to 100 then it wouldnt be as big a deal (honestly im sure lots of people do that). Still, lying and saying that you were a president of a club when you were treasurer is a bad idea. If they catch you during admission process, then its rejection. If they find out later, then they may expell you.</p>

<p>No, everyone doesn't do it. My kids under-presented themselves, imo, and still did very well.
You don't need to fudge the truth, seriously. Be yourself---it's good enough.</p>

<p>Thank you guys... it's just i didn't get a leadership position... and I still have others... but I was going to say that I still have a leadership position in this one club. Should I do it?</p>

<p>Also what are the consequences if I say i did a sport or a club an extra year than i actually did? Say freshman year?</p>

<p>I hope someone castrates you.</p>

<p>there basically are no consequences unless they found out somehow from talking to school officials. It's not a question of getting caught or consequences, but of morality :P</p>

<p>of course. Thank you. I wasn't going to do it but rather wondering what would happen. also go f@#k yourself keellota</p>

<p>Quit the ******** with the "I wasn't going to do it but rather wondering what would happen."</p>

<p>Honestly, what kind of responses were you expecting? That the university will wag their finger at you and go "Oh you little rascal, you, lying on your application. Don't go off and do that again, ok? Now here's a lolly pop and go play with the other kids."</p>

<p>No, if you got caught, at best, you're application would be immediately rejected. At worst, you could suffer legal action if you were already admitted because you lied on a legal contract and you would have your name tarnished for all other schools to see.</p>

<p>Saying all that, you still probably wouldn't be caught, but by what you previously posted, you aren't even lying about little things. You are willing to lie about leadership positions and years worth of sports/club involvement. You're being a ****** bag and I would tend to agree with keellota.</p>