Fund of Chem vs Gen Chem I

<p>Ok, I know through reading the course descriptions of the basic differences between the two. Fundementals of Chem is less intensive and more "basic." I haven't had any chemistry since junior year of highschool which was about 7 years ago (non-trad student). Would it be prudent of me to maintain my current schedule (Gen Chem I) or switch to the intro course? I'm confident I can catch on quick and plan to study old textbooks for the month leading up the beginning of classes. I'm also concerned, though, that I may be in for a rude awakening and/or am in over my head. Those who have taken either of the courses please advise..thanks in advance guys!</p>

<p>bump...Come on guys, I know we have tons of pre-meds here.</p>

<p>really? no one?</p>

<p>If you plan on taking only gen chem my advice would be to study your old textbook like you said in your post and maybe make some extra time during the semester/quarter in case you do need to catch up on something.</p>

<p>I took gen chem without taking fund of chem but it had only been a year since my hs chem class. I was a little lost at the beginning because I had forgotten basic information so I put in a little extra study time and managed to be successful by the end of the course.</p>

<p>I don't believe gen chem is hard you just need to be able to put in a lot of study time.</p>

<p>I hope I helped a little a bit in helping to answer your question. This type of question however has to be left up to the individual, I can only offer you my experiences.</p>

<p>thanks a lot; you confirmed what I was thinking.</p>