funny or insightful?

<p>what type of quote would you put in a yearbook. you want to be remembered for something good, so should you leave on a funny note, or one that shows that you are going to be successful?</p>

<p>funny, i doubt anyone really cares much past the month yearbooks come out anyways,</p>

<p>I'll tell you what i put:</p>

<p>“He who hesitates is a damned fool”
-Mae West</p>

<p>“Become who you are”
-Frederick Nietzsche</p>

<p>“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with
odd waiters who bring you things you never
asked for and don’t always like”
-Lemony Snicket</p>

<p>“Mom, I’m learning responsibility one way or another,
so either I’m getting a dog or I’m getting pregnant!”
-Krysse</p>

<p>give me your vertical
your horizontal line
i want to take each of them
and bend them to fit mine
-Ani DiFranco</p>

<p>To my friends:
Question your beliefs, examine your convictions, be steadfast in character and you will
always be true to yourself.</p>

<p>One of my greatest achievements has been finding myself as a person. To all those that have been there on the way, thank you.</p>

<p>Kinda sappy, i know, but better than others i have seen</p>

<p>does anyone thing i can get away with posting the first line of Catullus 16 "pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo"</p>

<p>i would put this one,(a funny chinese proverb, i think) "war deos not determine who is right, war determines who is left"</p>

<p>come again tobsta?</p>

<p>well i can't write what it translates on this forum, its a very funny, sexually obscene quote, but its using latin verbs which most people do not know, which is why i wonder if I can slip it by the administration or not.</p>

<p>do ittttttt</p>

<p>can I do it?
.....</p>

<p>okay!</p>

<p>Give me **** and I'll *** **** you </p>

<p>Does that make it easier? Oh, and don't try to make guesses because that will probably get you in trouble. :)</p>

<p>I put a serious one.</p>

<p>Tobsta I'd get a kick out of using the great Loeb translation of the line: "Yes, I'll bugger you and stuff you right!" either way I'd say go for it, talk about unique bragging rights</p>

<p>I love thinking about yearbook quotes and stuff even though i'm not a senior, I want a serious quote like
"The winter loves me," he retorted, and then, disliking the whimsical sound of that, added, "I mean as much as you can say a season can love. What I mean is, I love winter, and when you really love something, then it loves you back, in whatver way it has to love."</p>

<p>At my school- it's pretty easy to get really strange quotes in the yearbook as long they're not in a foreign language, then it's an automatic reject.. </p>

<p>One guy picked "Hee hee! I'm a monkey!" as his quote o_O
Then another guy copied him the next year.. There's something wrong with my school :-x
(But I'm planning to put in a quote from MASH.. "Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice and drop your pants and slide on ice"- Sidney Freeman)</p>

<p>excuse me amy, I translate that myself from the original latin, we did it in class, and the correct translation is (im probly gonna get banned from this site) I'll f u c k you in the a s s and shove it down your throat.</p>

<p>Tobsta I recommend editing/deleting that post or just censoring the words.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.ghostofaflea.com/archives/002102.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.ghostofaflea.com/archives/002102.html&lt;/a> gives you some nice latin->english translations.</p>

<p>semper ubi sub ubi</p>