<p>Gays as TERRORIST, CORRUPTIVE and DESTRUCTIVE; GAY card; Gays as the BARABBAS of the WORLD?</p>
<p>Recently I overheard this conversation in a public place. They came from a table of approximately 12 women and this is the way I heard:</p>
<p>“Gays are the next prominent “TERRORIST” group” --a woman said.</p>
<p>It looks like the release of “BARABBAS” …“did you see the hacklers in that speech in California? It looks like the release of “BARABBAS” and believes me it looks like the release of Barabbas will be done soon, the hacklers were screaming “release, don’t tell” and interrupted the speech several times….”—another woman interrupted.</p>
<p>“Well, haven’t you seen the media, “IMPOSING the PERVERTED LIFESTYLE TO THE WORLD” …every TV program needs to have one or two of those G & L”-- Said another woman.</p>
<p>Gays & L are a “CORRUPTION”, they are now “CORRUPTING THE YOUTH” too, didn’t you see the last episode …they have two young boys dancing together in the last scene….the Betty show, said another woman.</p>
<p>The worst are those [couldn’t hear this part] that “SUCCUMB FOR FEAR” of public attacks, they play their agendas. Wait until they start to play the “Gay” Card—said another woman…[couldn’t hear]</p>
<p>I know for sure that if they release those rules will be the “DESTRUCTION OF FOUNDATION” [couldn’t hear that part] alright “2012, 2012 IS NEAR” – said another woman sarcastically.</p>
<h2>Couldn’t hear anymore…I left.</h2>
<p>What do you think are G & L a “DESTRUCTION OF OUR FOUNDATIONS” AS A COUNTRY? Are they corrupting the YOUTH? Are the media imposing G & L scene in most of the TV programs? Do people accept them and succumb for fear? Are they the BARABBAS of the world? Will they play the “Gay” CARD?</p>
<p>You just have to accept that there are nutty people in the world. There are oddballs that have strange misconceptions about all kinds of people/groups. I used to work with a person who insisted that Proctor and Gamble was some kind of devil-worshiping company because of something in their logo. </p>
<p>Seriously, some people are just wired to be nutty.</p>
<p>Yep. And they are going to be the destruction of marriage as we know it, too. Just ask Larry King, Newt Gingrich, Tiger Woods, Tiki Barber, Jesse James, Britney Spears, Liz Taylor, etc. Mmhmm. :rolleyes:</p>
<p>Hunt…I have no idea…I wouldl like to know too or make sense of it, if any, but the woman kept emphasizing the Barabbas name referring to the subject. Anyone can shed light?</p>
<p>It’s sounds liek the women at the table were just a bunch of Obama bots. Their fearless leader didn’t look any too pleased with “the gays” at his Boxer fundraiser himself. He doesn’t seem to understand why his saying, “that’s something I would like to do” doesn’t hold much water when he controls the White House, the House of Representatives, and the Senate.</p>
<p>The White House had the park police clear the media on Monday to prevent filming the gay military veterans who had chained themselves to the White House fence. This new White House media policy is apparently called, “Don’t See, Don’t Tell”.</p>
<p>Of course, he’s always pandered to an anti-gay element among his supporters, going back to Denny McLurkin headlining his campaign events tartget at black churches.</p>
<p>There are alot of people like that where we live. The whole Gay is Unchristian etc. and the kids pick up on it. One Dad said they should all be in jail, and one Mom wouldn’t allow her daughter to take dance with the gay dance teacher at the school. I steer clear of these types when possible and talk to my kids about our values on the subject.</p>
<p>As to your post in general…really? That’s what you think? Huh. I would have come up with …ohhh…a hundred other possibilities before I went there.</p>
<p>What disturbs me is that it’s not just lunatics who believe things like this. There’s a woman I’ve know for many years, as our daughters had been involved in the same competitive activity. I have always found her to be a nice, reasonable person, her husband is a high school teacher in our district, her kids are nice, successful in college. She describes herself as socially liberal and I’ve never had any reason to think of her otherwise. </p>
<p>So anyway, we were talking about the Olympics and Johnny Weir, and actually got to the point where I had to end the conversation because I just could not believe what was coming out of her mouth. To summarize, she believes that gays were the cause of the downfall of the Roman Empire (look it up, she told me :eek:), and if we are not careful, this is what will bring down the United States. </p>
<p>I have never been so shocked in my life. Never in a million years did I expect this from this woman.</p>
<p>You becha I’m bitter that a Democratic controlled White House, Congress, and Senate hasn’t lifted a finger to move forward from “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”. Very disappointing, IMO. </p>
<p>It almost feels like we are being hoodwinked. Bamboozled. Given the Okie Doke.</p>
<p>I just read in the paper this morning that the Navy is preparing its submarine crews for the revocation of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.” So maybe it’s in the pipeline. (They are also banning smoking in submarines, and will begin to add women to submarine crews. Interestingly, some of the submariners seem to be OK with openly gay men in submarines, but object to women.)</p>
<p>I don’t even understand what “in the pipeline” means when you have control of the White House, an overwhelming majority in the House, and an overwhelming majority in the Senate. They rammed a health insurance bill through. Are you telling me that they can’t change “don’t ask, don’t tell” if they want to? They run the place.</p>
<p>At some point, you have to consider the possibility that just maybe, they don’t want to and the campaign promises were just empty rhetoric to get a vote. It is what it is.</p>
<p>This isn’t the Pol Forum, InterestedDad. The original post was not about politics, the POTUS, the government, etc. You brought that into this and thus brings this thread to likely be moved to the Pol Forum when it had no such intentions. </p>
<p>In any case, I don’t love the thread title, just saying. It perpetuates the message of those ladies who lunched, rather than poses a question.</p>
<p>As far as the original question, there are nut cases in America who believe lots of weird and offensive stuff that is often quite unbelievable.</p>
<p>InterestedDad, please don’t post stuff like that here. I try to avoid the Election and Politics forum for a reason.</p>
<p>Greenery, I can’t even imagine why you would repeat that kind of vile nonsense, and why you would seriously ask what people think of it. Would you do the same if you heard a bunch of racists or anti-Semites at the next table? I try to ignore lunatics like that, and so should you.</p>
<p>I believe the speech they were talking about was the recent appearance by the POTUS as the Barabara Boxer fundraiser. They were clearly upset that gay protesters had heckled the President. I don’t know how the original post was not about politics.</p>
<p>I think the OP was talking about the issue of those who protest about gay people, not necessarily any specific event. I think the OP was asking about “fear of gays” and not about politics, policies, the POTUS, etc.</p>