General Chemistry Quiz/Lab sections

<p>I notice that all the General Chemistry courses (142, 145, etc) have QZ sections that are pairs of quiz and lab classes on the time schedule, which would seem to imply that you register for these as a pair, denoted with a label such as AA QZ.</p>

<p>My question is whether there is any way to take the quiz from, say, AA and the lab from, say, AB, if you have a schedule conflict with one or the other of every pair (this applies mainly to the 145/155/165, Honors General Chemistry, where there are only three pairs of quiz/lab sections offered, and the schedule has been exactly the same for the past few years)?</p>

<p>Thanks for any insights on this!</p>

<p>As far as I know, no, you can't. It screws up grading because there's one teacher for each quiz and lab section set. They don't want one teacher grading your labs and one grading your quizzes. You can always email the department and ask, but I'm guessing they won't let you.</p>

<p>This normally isn't possible. You will probably have to drop either the chem class or the conflicting class, but try talking to Dr. Tracy Harvey about the labs.</p>