Many will disagree - but I’m changing my mind and rejecting Harvard for Georgetown’s Walsh SFS. Woohoo!
My goal is to become an empathetic servant to people from underprivileged backgrounds. Thinking I’ll become a development economist, doctor in a developing country or human rights lawyer. Fascinated by the International Economics, Global Health, and other majors in the SFS
Here are my pros and cons in nutshell:
- Of course, it’s Harvard!
- Yes, I’ll meet amazing people who are also nerds like me!
- Can’t think of many cons. My decision is based on what I DO like about Georgetown
- Seems like a society of care and service to others! Yeah!!!
- Washington, DC - here I come!
- Also an unbelievable school
- ENTIRE school dedicated to international affairs!
- SO many international students
- Cons (for my parents lol):
- Not ranked as high by US News or an “Ivy” lol…for whatever that’s worth…(oh well!)
At the end of the day, it should come down to what your interests are, what excites you and the type of environment you want to be surrounded by
Georgetown - here I come! So excited!!!