What Are My Chances of getting into Georgia Tech?
I applied Early Action for fall of 2021.
The major I applied for is Aerospace Engineering.
I’m a white male from Oregon (in a small town) who is a HS Senior. (OOS)
I have no SAT score, and there doesn’t seem to be anywhere in my state where I can get a test. (2021 is test optional though)
Weighted GPA: 4.5, Unweighted GPA: 4.0
Weighted Class Rank: 1 of 340, Unweighted Class Rank: 1 of 340
AP Exam Scores: AP Calculus AB – 5, AP US History – 5, AP Physics 1 – 5, AP Language & Composition – 3, AP Computer Science Applications – 4, (And I’m taking 4 more AP classes this year, in the list below – 9 total)
Honors Courses: Accelerated Algebra 2, Accelerated Biology, Accelerated English 2, Accelerated World History, Honors Chemistry, Pre-Calculus & Trigonometry, AP Calculus AB, AP Computer Science Applications, AP Language & Composition, AP US History, Honors Physics, Writing 122 at a local college, AP Government and Economics, AP Calculus BC, AP Physics 2, AP Statistics, Advanced Projects in Computer Programming
I took AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Calculus BC, AP Statistics, and Writing 122, on my own since they weren’t offered at my HS. (and I got it to count for credit)
- Varsity High School Swim Team
- Pilot/Flight Training for single-engine airplane-- I’m now a Private Pilot
- YMCA Swim Team (year-round)
- Volunteer at local food bank and at a local church – 50 - 70 hours so far
- Private Math Tutor for local students (gets paid)
- President of the National Honors Society chapter at my HS
- Contestant at the Chemeketa Regional Math Contest (1st place in problem solving)
- Participant in the 2020 Math Modeling Challenge (14 hours for one problem)
- Volunteer Teaching Assistant at a local elementary school
I’ve also got great essays where I mentioned my inspiration from my grandfather and aunt who both worked for NASA, and I’m assuming a fantastic recommendation from my Calculus teacher, and my counselor.
Any thoughts? Hope that’s not TMI