<p>Last year, I took two AP history classes (US & Euro). Both were taught by the same teacher. I had planned on getting letters of recommendation from him, but he was laid off due to a conflict with the school. </p>
<p>I know a way to contact him, but would it be a bad idea to get a letter from him since he was laid off?</p>
<p>If you think he will write a great one, then definitely ask him. That’s what I did for my AP Euro teacher too, except she left on her own terms.</p>
<p>Thanks! I’ll try to get in touch with him.</p>
<p>I agree with An0maly. However, I’m not sure if recommendations have to be from teachers who are currently employed by the school. Nonetheless, you can get his recommendation and then add 2 more, from current teachers, just to be sure. I did that when I was applying.</p>