Gift for piano teacher of 13 years

<p>My son is a senior this year and will be completing his piano lessons with the teacher he has studied with for 13 years. We have always purchased little gifts for her at Christmas and at the end of the year...but I feel we should give her something very special this year as his lessons conclude in the spring.</p>

<p>Would loves some ideas. She is highly allergic to many things, so we always avoid food of any kind and anything with a fragrance. </p>

<p>I was thinking of something like this - as she does enjoy her small garden: Boy</a> With Fireflies Solar Garden Sculpture</p>

<p>Maybe that is too much...or is something she would feel obligated to display (if she doesn't like it). Any other thoughts or suggestions?</p>

<p>What if we took her and her husband out to dinner? We have never really done anything like that with her.</p>

<p>I would continue the 'little something' for Christmas and a bigger something at the end of the year.
I am not sure about the dinner if you haven't socialized with them before.</p>

<p>I like to give something that can be used and be a reminder of the giver.
Are the lessons in her home, or yours? If hers, perhaps something decorative that would complement her decor. Or a 'coffee table book' with a note from your son in the inside cover.</p>

<p>Concert tickets to a local venue, gift certificate to a store for cd purchases?</p>

<p>How about looking online, ebay etc. and get an antique metronome?</p>

<p>I think the Garden Sculpture is a perfectly wonderful idea.</p>

<p>I love the concert tickets idea...it seems very appropriate for a music teacher.</p>

<p>Many music teachers already HAVE concert tickets...so ask first. Here is what we did for the long time music teachers for each kiddo. We got a gift card that was something useful for each member of the family. In one case, we got a restaurant gift card (to a place we knew the teacher liked), a gift card to Petco for the pooches (who were always there for us to play with), and a gift card to a garden shop for the wife (who often had cookies for us). </p>

<p>For another teacher...a gift card to a coffee shop (she loved different good coffees and we knew she frequented this place) which we wrapped up in side a nice latte mug.</p>

<p>For another one (can you tell our kids studied multiple instruments) a basket of beverage items, new computer mug, pair of new home coffee mugs, selection of teas/coffees, and some gourmet cookies.</p>

<p>For another one...three gift cards to various coffee shops (we have a lot of variety around here).</p>

<p>At one of S's piano recitals, one of the students was a graduating senior who had studied with the teacher for 12 years, or so. After he played, he surprised her with a big bouquet of flowers and some nice words of thanks. It was very touching and appropriate, I thought.</p>

<p>If you're looking for something garden-ish, this is a local studio that is very popular in our area and have beautiful items - they can be used inside or outside - come nicely wrapped - a quality item:</p>

<p>Garden</a> & Home Art - Gifts - Carruth Studio - George Carruth</p>

<p>We actually bought one of these one year for D's piano teacher - at the end of her 13 years, she presented her teacher with a big bouquet of flowers and a personal thank you to the teacher in from of all in attendance at the final recital.</p>

<p>Dinner for her and a guest at a lovely restaurant. Thirteen years is a lot of service.</p>