going from bottom on up

<p>I read all these cases of CC kids transfering into top 20 or 15 schools....how exactly does that work? I myself am at a small public school (University of Michigan-Dearborn...not Ann Arbor)</p>

<p>but having high standardized tests....like middle 50% of the target school...and a good college gpa....isnt it a disadvantage to be at a "lower ranked" (i wanted to avoid the word rank...) school?</p>

<p>
[quote]
I myself am at a small public school (University of Michigan-Dearborn...not Ann Arbor)

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Should you not be able to transfer easily nto the Ann Arbor campus? I have friends who did that.</p>

<p>Maize&Blue, I think, attended the Dearborn campus, transferred to the main campus after a year, and was later accepted at Rice and Brown as a junior transfer. This was for the fall of 2005, before the drastic drop in the amount of accepted students at Brown.</p>

<p>but it isnt realistic to try to transfer from dearborn to say....northwestern? even with a 32 ACT and a 3.95 college gpa?</p>

<p>no, that is realistic, although i will say that most transfers here came from top 40 programs, many even from top 30</p>

<p>It is realistic...go for it.</p>