Good AP exams for math major?

<p>I'm currently in an IB school, so I'm forced to study on my own and thus, it'll be much harder for me to get a 5. I consider myself to be very smart at math and I'm going for a math major so I plan on taking Calc AB, Calc BC, Statistics, and Macro. Should I take out statistics because I heard it's very hard. And should I take any other AP exams for good impression because my dream is to get Princeton. <em>-</em></p>

<p>AP Stats is a complete joke.</p>

<p>Why do you say that? o.O</p>

<p>AP Comp Sci is math-ish. Statistics is different from calc (less problem-solving, more punching stuff into your calculator), and probably easier for many people, but it's also very, very useful, so I would study it.</p>

<p>Take Physics C</p>

<p>
[quote]
Why do you say that? o.O

[/quote]

It's really easy.</p>

<p>Good AP's for Math major:</p>

<p>AP Calculus (AB and/or BC)
AP Physics C- involves tons of math
AP Computer Science
AP Statistics- not super important, but it is math.</p>

<p>Just so you know there's hardly any math in both AP macroeconomics, and AP microeconomics. I took both of the courses and they really focus more on the concepts of economics. Sure there's math in them, but the math you'll be doing on the AP test is simple division and addition here and there. But none the less they are still fun and may get you out of a social science course in college.</p>

<p>AP Stats is useful because it stresses knowledge of the statistical terminology and concepts used in everything from public polling to scientific studies. </p>

<p>However, AP Calc BC, while important for any aspiring math major, is pretty superficial compared to most college courses; it shies away from mathematical rigor—especially proofs—and doesn't cover essential ideas, like the delta-epsilon definition of a limit. You should consider picking up a decent college calculus textbook (Spivak is excellent) and following along with your class.</p>

<p>AP Calculus BC
AP Physics C
AP Computer Science AB</p>

<p>That'll not only prepare you if they're with good teachers, but pass you out of a substantial amount of coursework in college.</p>

<p>I may be a math major and these were my senior classes:
AP Calculus BC
AP Physics C
AP Computer Science
AP Statistics
AP English Lit/Comp</p>

<p>^Just how many pi approximation accounts are there on CC anyway? :)</p>

<p>Don't take Calc AB and BC; that would be redundant.</p>

<p>AP Calc BC and AP Physics C involve calculus and are the most math intensive. AP Comp Sci is more for discrete math/logic [very basic though]. Other APs involve math but they are very basic. AP Stats is more of a reading-comprehension class, or as the students call it, "calculator time".</p>

<p>AP Calculus BC
AP Physics C
AP Computer Science
AP Statistics</p>

<p>AP Calculus BC and AP Physics C exams all relate directly to a math major. My Calculus teacher majored in math and had to take several Physics courses.</p>

<p>
[quote]
AP Calculus BC
AP Physics C
AP Computer Science AB

[/quote]
</p>

<p>To clarify, the AB exam doesn't exist anymore, but I think the A exam, along with the other 2 you mentioned in addition to Stat, would be good for a math major.</p>