Good colleges for Aero/Environmental in and not too far away from Ohio?

<p>3.4 GPA
1870 SAT
APUSH, AP Calc, AP Stats, AP Gov
Sports all four years</p>

<p>Anywhere that might be good for me?</p>

<p>I font know what you define as "not to far" but the ones that immediately jump to my mind are:</p>

<p>Case Western Reserve
U. of Michigan
Purdue
U. of Illinois</p>

<p>What about Ohio state. Not sure if they have Environmental engineering. But it's supposed to have a decent aerospace program.</p>

<p>I can say that each of the four I mentioned have aerospace or aerospace related programs that would be considered better than Ohio State. That said, if the OP wen't to OSU, they wouldn't exactly be in a bad situation either, as it is still a good school.</p>

<p>Yeah I mainly said it because it would be in state, if he's in Ohio.</p>

<p>Although I don't go there, I'm a huge fan of the University of Michigan and their engineering programs are top-notch. If I lived in the midwest, it'd easily be my #1 choice. But, your GPA might be a bit too low to get accepted there...</p>

<p>Ohio State itself is a good school too, though, and you seem like you'd have a pretty good shot at getting in there.</p>

<p>When I said "not too far" I basically meant in the midwest still. I mean Purdue is 6 hours for me so that's kind of a stretch. I don't really want to go a whole lot farther than that.</p>

<p>boneh3ad, I think Case, Michigan and UIUC are major reaches for a 3.4/1870 student. </p>

<p>Purdue would be a great choice. OSU is also good.</p>

<p>"When I said "not too far" I basically meant in the midwest still. I mean Purdue is 6 hours for me so that's kind of a stretch."</p>

<p>By Midwest I think you mean mostly Ohio. Midwestern</a> United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</p>

<p>"When I said "not too far" I basically meant in the midwest still. I mean Purdue is 6 hours for me so that's kind of a stretch."</p>

<p>By Midwest I think you mean mostly Ohio. Midwestern United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia</p>

<hr>

<p>Okay so I got my regions a little confused. I'll get specific.</p>

<p>How about these States:
Ohio
Indiana
Michigan
Pennsylvania
Kentucky
West Virginia
New York (possibly)
Virginia (possibly)</p>

<p>Purdue is in Indiana. </p>

<p>If PA and VA arepossibilities, check out PSU-University Park and Virginia Tech.</p>

<p>I'm also from Ohio. I applied/was accepted to UMich, U of Illinois, Purdue and OSU. Ended up picking Purdue.</p>

<p>And yes Purdue is 6 hours away but you dont really go home much so it doesnt matter. U of I is about 9 hours away. You can't really expect to go out of state and stay within an hour or two of home.</p>

<p>The main thing I had with Purdue wasn't the distance from home but the price.</p>

<p>^^^
How could you have a problem with price at Purdue but not Michigan?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That is a VERY good question.</p>

<p>Ohio State Fan. Never considered Michigan. I guess I never really thought of other publics... Hmm.... I used to be all Purdue and I wanted to go there badly then I gave up thinking it wouldn't be worth it since I wouldn't really be able to get financial aid for out of state. Which kind of eliminates the purpose of this whole thread. What about the privates?</p>

<p>Case is the only private in the area that I can think of that is really worth your time. I suppose Notre Dame isn't bad either, but if you are an OSU fan, going to Notre Dame would be at least as big of a slap in the face as Michigan, and it really isn't any better than OSU anyway.</p>