Good places to eat in Asheville, NC?

<p>Hey guys…</p>

<p>I’m going to Asheville in August for a couple days with my family… We would like to avoid fast food places while we’re there which leads me to ask - anybody know any good places to eat?</p>

<p>Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks! And yes, we’re stopping to see the Biltmore. LOL.</p>

<p>My boyfriend’s from Asheville!</p>

<p>Every time we go there we eat at Mamacita’s for burritos. Clearly we’re on a college budget… But I know there are some Indian restaurants and cafes we’ve been to, too, I just can’t remember the names. I’ll ask him and get back to ya.</p>

<p>Thank you!!</p>

<p>So, I watch way too much travel channel, and the Biltmore has a fancy McDonalds in it. It is worth stopping by and seeing it at least. </p>

<p>I was in Asheville recently, and as far as I could tell, if you go downtown and go near the Grove Arcade or something like that, just pick a restaurant, and you should be fine. Anything in the downtown area should be okay. I’ll ask a couple of my friends too.</p>

<p>Thanks! That is funny about the McDonalds. My best friend was just at the Biltmore and was surprised by how much walking is involved (lol). If that is the case I will definitely be needing a milkshake or something! ; )</p>

<p>You absolutely have to eat the sweet potato pancakes at Tupelo Honey…we each had an entry then shared the pancakes almost like dessert…though many were eating them as an entree for lunch.</p>

<p>We’ve had multiple people tell us about them through the years and finally tried them a few years back…they’re amazing! </p>

<p>BTW,everything else was tasty as well…it’s a great place, an Asheville legend …</p>

<p>Wow, those pancakes sound amazing… My mom would love that. Thank you!!</p>

<p>Love Asheville! Downtown go to Doc Chey’s it’s amazing asian food!</p>

<p>My friend gave me these recommendations without descriptions. Look them up online.</p>

<p>Tupelo Honey (I agree with eadad, pretty awesome)
Papa’s and Beer
Sunny Point Cafe
Early Girl Eatery
Flying Frog
Bouchon</p>

<p>Bon Apetit!</p>

<p>Dang, research time for me! Thank ya! : )</p>

<p>Apparently Asheville is Beer town USA. If you’re over 21, have fun. I tried some brew from Asheville Brewing Co. and it was super fun.</p>

<p>My boyfriend seconded Doc Chey’s.</p>

<p>Yep, I’m 21. ; -D</p>

<p>Thanks girl!</p>

<p>This is probably too late, but my sister goes to UNC-A and every time I visit her I go to Doc Choy’s. It’s really good if you like Asian noodle dishes.</p>

<p>Thanks! I’ll let y’all know where we end up.</p>

<p>Back from our quick trip to Asheville…</p>

<p>We ended up eating at Asheville Brewing Co. (pizza - SO good), Early Girl Eatery (pancakes/omelets - delicious), and Doc Chey’s (YUM). We also hit up the fancy Biltmore McDonalds (not actually in the Biltmore but in front of the entrance - it was very spiffy) for ice cream. It was HOT up there.</p>

<p>The Biltmore House itself was obviously gorgeous, but oh man was it toasty. We hadn’t even thought about it not having AC! Of course not! Duh. Thank god I wore a dress!</p>

<p>A big thanks and high five to everybody for the suggestions! ; )</p>