Good programs in fluids and/or heat transfer?

<p>I'm currently a college senior in Mechanical & Aerospace engineering applying for graduate schools for next year with the aim of getting a Ph.D degree. </p>

<p>After doing some research online, I notice that a lot of people say which schools are best for Mechanical or Aerospace graduate programs depend on which area you want to focus in-- can I get some pointers on exactly which schools are good for the fluids and/or heat transfer/combustion areas?</p>

<p>I'm currently doing my thesis research in the fluid mechanics of fire whirls, and I'd like to do graduate work at a school that offers great programs in fluids and heat transfer, preferably both. I'm preparing apps for a number of top-ranked schools for ME and AE grad schools, but I'd really appreciate some insight on which schools specifically are strong in this area (good faculty, facilities, location, etc are all things to consider).</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>You'll get much better answers from your professors than anyone on this board.</p>

<p>I've never seen anyone post about that particular subject, so I don't know if we have anyone floating around here who can give you an answer. Definitely contact your professors and discuss your plans with them. </p>

<p>Actually, since you said you're doing a thesis - your research will provide you with many names of people doing such work. I don't know how many will be in industry versus academia, but it's worth checking out where they are from, or where they graduated from. Start with common names (those who publish a lot in your field), and go from there.</p>