GPA question

<p>So I am going to University of Minnesota - Twin cities and I had a 4.0 my first semester but it dropped to a 3.83 my second semester senior year. My school doesn't weight. What are the chances that they will rescind my application? They say that I have to keep my good progress or they may cancel my application. They can't do that for one B can they? Anyone have prior experiences?</p>

<p>You're a HS senior, smart enuff to have gotten at least one 4.0 semester.</p>

<p>Now take some of that education you've rec'd and examine your situation again. How reasonable do you think it would be for UMinn to expect all its incoming freshmen to maintain (or even have) a 4.0?</p>

<p>If you can't come up with the answer, I suggest you voluntarily withdraw from UMinn yourself. See if there are some jobs nearby that won't require much deductive reasoning.</p>

<p>Do you really think that UMinn expects all its students to have a 4.0?</p>

<p>don't you realize that it accepted many students with lower GPAs?</p>

<p>I know but UMinn did say they expect academic progress to be constant. Thus a 3.5 student would have to maintain that and a 4.0 student would have to maintain that. I never said that UMinn expects or looks for 4.0 students. I was simply asking whether a lower GPA than the one I submitted would affect my admissions</p>

<p>I pose again:</p>

<p>"How reasonable do you think it would be for UMinn to expect an incoming freshmen to maintain a 4.0 (or face withdrawal of admission)?"</p>

<p>Is getting one B out of your entire senior year grades merit their kicking you out? Is their requirement of students "constant academic progress" mean one grade slippage requires you to be kicked out? Is this a reasonable standard for any college? And would you want to attend a college whose administrators would institute such a policy?</p>

<p>What's your opinion on this?</p>

<p>Well let's put it this way, if I were the admission officer I wouldn't give a damn, but I'm not one. No, it's not reasonable but who's to say? An applicant or an admission officer?</p>

<p>noaveragegenius, are you trolling? :P </p>

<p>Obviously, rescinding is only done when a student fails a class or 2, has a few D's, or has straight C's and it's evident that they totally blew off the rest of the year. Getting a couple of C's, or even mostly B's, is <em>not</em> grounds for being rescinded. Even at Harvard. Grades tend to go down during the 3th, and 4th semesters anyway.</p>

<p>Well there wouldn't be a reason for trying during 2nd semester senior year then, unless you really want to satisfy yourself with good grades. I'm not being a troll because I know i'm not a top student. I just want some answers to my question.</p>

<p>noavg genious: i've been hard on you. I'm sorry about that. Lots of nervousness and insecurity is shown by posters here on CC. The fact is the likelihood of a meteor crashing through your ceiling tonight is higher than your chances of a UMinn denial. I was wry with you because your scenario would be the absolutely most harsh and unreasonable stance any institution could take. Complete and utterly ridiculous. I just couldn't see how you couldn't see that -- I believe everyone who read this thread agrees with me. Rescinds occur for dramatic drop offs (Ds and Fs).</p>

<p>You have absolutely nothing to worry about. I hope I'm as clear as I can be. U should be proud of your recent academic accomplishments.</p>

<p>Good luck at college in the Fall.</p>

<p>hello!hello!</p>

<p>When UMinn says that it expects academic progress to be constant, it doesn't mean IDENTICAL. </p>

<p>Many, many 4.0 students slip to a 3.7 or so their last semester. Maybe because of a little slacking, but colleges know that. If the GPA slipped to a 2.5, that would be a problem.</p>

<p>T26E4: I understand the whole CC uncertainty and appreciate your verdict. I guess I should've used more common sense. </p>

<p>Thanks for everyone's posts.</p>