Graduation party food

<p>I just read through the graduation party food ideas thread and got some great ideas. My question would be, do the kids that stop in actually eat? My kids are telling me no, they really don't eat, but when I add them into my count, I am right at the amount that I ordered from the caterer. I am nervous I won't have enough. I have 70 potential guests, 20-25 of those are high school graduates and about 7 of those are 8th grade graduates. If I have enough snacks out and enough desserts, should being at 70 ordered be okay with 70 eating? I remember the 8th grade parties....no one really eats, but I have no idea how it works with the senior graduates. Thanks~</p>

<p>At our after prom event, they ate the chicken wrapped in bacon and the bigs in blankets. They didn't eat the fruit or the lovely homemade cake...I had even put some on plates to make it easy to grab, and they didn't. I don't know if it was the time of day (late at night) or what, but I was surprised that the savory went, but not the sweet.</p>

<p>
[quote]
My question would be, do the kids that stop in actually eat? My kids are telling me no, they really don't eat

[/quote]
</p>

<p>What planet do your kids live on? ;) I live on planet Earth, and every graduation party I've ever thrown or attended, had the kids circling the food like vultures until everything is put out on the buffet. Once the food is "ready to be served", it's like hogs at the trough.</p>

<p>I don't think I've ever seen any kids age 15 to 18 at a party who "really don't eat"; my experience is quite the opposite. But if your experience (and that of your kids) tell you they "really don't eat", then ordering for 70 (with 70 expected) should be fine.</p>

<p>The other thing you need to determine is the time of the party.....if the party is during dinner, expect everyone to eat much more. If you're serving "snacks" for a late-night gig, you can probably do with less.</p>